Coca Cola (Coke) vs Pepsi

Which one do you prefer ??

• Coca coooola (Coke)

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Pepsi mepsi

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
It's hard to break a hardcore coker........

I've been drinking Coca-Cola all my life, so the habit part not withstanding, I think Pepsi is too sweet. Coke has a much harsher bite, (enjoyably so). It may even taste a bit better than Pepsi when both have gone flat, although I wouldn't swear to that, since I usually throw it away first.

Neither one is as good since they started using fructose in addition to sucrose in the mix. The fruit sugar gives me cramps in the heat, while the cane sugar never seemed to. They carry different chemical formulas; Sucrose C12,H22,O11, Fructose C6,H12,O6. Webster's calls the Fructose "a very sweet sugar".

pepsi is too sweet. Coke is great. I get real aggravated in restaurants when you ask for a coke and they bring out pepsi without telling you.

I personally don't drink either, seeing how they have been proven to cause Health Issues in the future, But if I had to pick one it would have to Coca-Cola. :)

Now You've Aroused My Curiosity.....

SNGX1275 said:
Thought Pepsi had NutraSweet in it...

I would think they would only use this in the diet offering. It does taste better than saccharin but costs more. People allergic to the amino acid phenylalanine are told to avoid Nutra-Sweet. But I will definitely check on my next trip to the supermarket.

Pepsi Pepsi Pepsi, so much better than Coke, i swear Coke just tastes like fizzy air sometimes

captaincranky said:
I would think they would only use this in the diet offering. It does taste better than saccharin but costs more. People allergic to the amino acid phenylalanine are told to avoid Nutra-Sweet. But I will definitely check on my next trip to the supermarket.
I breifly looked it up, it appears that none do anymore, but diet pepsi did in the past.

Certain Contraband substances Temporarily Stun Ths Sense Of Taste....

jtickner1 said:
Pepsi Pepsi Pepsi, so much better than Coke, i swear Coke just tastes like fizzy air sometimes

Dude, if Coke has been tasting like fizzy air to you, you need to attempt some positive behavioral modification. Be kind to your taste buds, they have to last you a lifetime!

Oh, Happy New Year to you and all!

pepsi is to carbonated, not very refreshing, also not very enjoyable to swallow. Defiantly coke.

Dude, if Coke has been tasting like fizzy air to you, you need to attempt some positive behavioral modification. Be kind to your taste buds, they have to last you a lifetime!

Ha, as if. Pepsi FTW

Coke here as well, am I the only one who likes flat Coke?
yeah i reckon

Hmmm... its a tuff choice, they both kinda suck compared to how they used to taste when cane sugar was used... but i think coke takes it.. pepsi is a lil harder to enjoy for some reason, either way, i just buy which ever one is cheaper at the given time =p.
I have to admit however, that i like them both best on ice for what ever reason. And flat coke does taste better than flat pepsi.
I do enjoy me some cane coke when i visit the caribean, and its so much better ^^

Im not sure about liking it flat..haha.. but i do enjoy coke watered down a little.

Pepsi - sweet taste
Coke - has a burning taste

They have knocked out C&C Cola, RC Cola and have taken over them here in the states. 7-Up is Pepsi, Canada Dry is Coke. Price wars weekly.. No one wants to pay $5 bucks for 2 liter of soda. Cases goes up. So who wins? none.

Pepsi is for you if you a low sugar level, but otherwise i think poeple like me prefer the harsher taste of coke ;) However, if someone said to me "would you like a can of pepsi for free or a can of coke for 50p?" I'll get the pepsi ;)

Any of you tried pepsi max or glass of coke with a bit of lemon sqeezed in it ??

I rather drink Coke, then RC and then pepsi. I've noticed, in my travels, that coke in other countries, Mexico, Spain, Italy, and in Australia taste better than they do here.
tipstir said:
Pepsi - sweet taste
Coke - has a burning taste

They have knocked out C&C Cola, RC Cola and have taken over them here in the states. 7-Up is Pepsi, Canada Dry is Coke. Price wars weekly.. No one wants to pay $5 bucks for 2 liter of soda. Cases goes up. So who wins? none.
You pay $5 for a 2-liter??? Wow.....here it is and has been $0.99 for almost 10 years or so...

hamas123 said:
Any of you tried pepsi max or glass of coke with a bit of lemon sqeezed in it ??
yes but not lemon...with lime.

eroz said:
I rather drink Coke, then RC and then pepsi. I've noticed, in my travels, that coke in other countries, Mexico, Spain, Italy, and in Australia taste better than they do here.
You pay $5 for a 2-liter??? Wow.....here it is and has been $0.99 for almost 10 years or so...

yes but not lemon...with lime.

No it never gets to $5 bucks it does get to $3.50 something I won't pay that I'll drink 0.64 cents SamsClub Soda sold at Wal-Mart instead. A few weeks now its been 5x 2 liter for $4 dollars, but just for the holidays for Coke Products. A friend of mine works to Coke in IT and he can get the 20 oz bottle you get from the vendoring machine for $.50 cent.

Yes I've been to the UK many times and Coke always taste different there than it does here. Sometimes coke can test sweet like Pepsi if mixed right in the fountains. If you don't like the way coke taste you can all them up and they'll send you a bunch of free coupons for their software. It happen to me and the wife. Vanila Coke made us sick to the stomach when it first came out. Funny coke sent me a box to fit a 2 liter box in and it could be FedEx back to them with free pickup. It took them 3 weeks for the secret call from coke test lab to get back to me with the results. They didn't want me to go to the press with it.

Anyway I have Cherry Coke in the REFG now.. I still think Wild Cherry Pepsi taste 100% better. Coke also makes the cheap stuff called Fanta. Wow! they have Crush orange soda and Mello Yello boy this some soda empire. I wonder what happen? I guess sells couldn't meet the demand for the smaller vendors too keep up! Merge they did all of them with either coke or pepsi.

I Think I get It, But Just To Be Sure.......

almcneil said:
I'm still part of the "Coice of a New Generation" even though I'm now 42!

-- Andy
Are you sure you're only 42? Sort of young for a prog-rocker. What's that you're trying to spell, "Coitus of a new generation"?

Back