Allows character based applications to print on Windows printers and PDF export.
This software allows character based applications to print to any Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers, even if it is a Dos/Windows application or a Unix/Linux app. running on a Windows PC via telnet, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can have Printfil capturing a parallel port output, automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even to a printer which is physically connected to the captured port.
- preview printing
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- send print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- export print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention, even with encryption and password protection
- send print jobs via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program, with or without user intervention
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (drawings etc.)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- use multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba and others) to store output for your print jobs and PRINTFIL.
1.Added the ability to automatically send via e-mail the PDF files created by the "Printfil" virtual printer and GhostScript, by using the standard e-mail client program which is already installed in the client machine, without needing additional third party software
The e-mail can be sent interactively or in background, even prefilling it with an a destination address, subject and body, provided by your source application through the optional CFG file.
2.Print preview has been enhanced with a renewed graphic and a new rendering engine, which makes it much more WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) than in past, in particular way when the page is zoomed and with high resolution monitors;
3.The LPT capturing option has been enhanced. Now it's much faster in 32 bit systems and works also in 9x systems;
4.Added the ability to archive a copy of all the Printfil's captured jobs in a directory of your choice; either TXT files or the corresponding CFG ones.
This can be used also to obtain your jobs simultaneously printed on two or more printers;
5.Added the ability to modify Escape sequences and the parameters used to create encrypted PDF files directly into the Printfil's configuration dialog, without having to restart the software in order to apply the changes;
6.Added support for EMF background files (Enhanced Meta Files), which works just like the WMF ones;
7.Added support for the Cpi8 escape sequence;
8.New Help features: Test Page and Dump of the last printed job, to help the configuration stage;
9.The Brazilian and Icelandic languages have been added;
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: