Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
- Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
- Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
- Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
- Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
- Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
- Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
- Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
- Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
- Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
- Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
More experiences on Google Maps
- Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
- Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Google Maps turns 15 years old! See the new Google Maps icon, which celebrates the app’s evolution from helping you get to places to also helping you discover the world. This birthday update includes a simplified home screen that makes it easier to find your favorite features, including your saved places, reviews, and lists. Tap your Google Account profile picture to see settings, Location Sharing, Timeline, and more.
- View search results on the map or in a list and easily switch between them
- Search for places you’ve reviewed or saved using the “Your places” filter
- Bike directions now include elevation profiles to help avoid steep hills
- Try the improved Explore, a local activities guide based on location and time of day
- Tap the My Location button to get quick info on your current location