WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Translations added: Croatian, Finnish, Korean and Polish.
- Upgraded private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) to 0.64.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1m.
- Not requiring confirmation when canceling an operation.
- Import of Base64-encoded passwords from FileZilla.
- Progress window uses Skip button instead of Cancel when calculating transfer size. 1296
- Workaround for ProFTPD/modsftp bug in SSHFXP_REALPATH handling with SFTP version 6. 1289
- Not asking for master password repeatedly when opening Generate URL dialog. Not asking at all unless user chooses to include password into URL.
- More space for information about translators.
- Bug fix: Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.64. private-key-not-wiped-2 diffie-hellman-range-check
- Bug fix: Failure when working with stored sites when a temporary hidden site for interprocess communication is not properly removed.
- Bug fix: Overwrite confirmation prompt displays name of source file instead of target file, when file name changes, with SFTP, SCP and WebDAV protocols. 1290
- Bug fix: Transfer was not resumed after moving the transfer to the background when source and target file name differs with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to open another externally initiated session while externally initiated session is opening.
- Bug fix: It is not possible to configure certificate accepting with WebDAV protocol in .NET assembly. 1284
- Bug fix: User and group name is not decoded properly from UTF-8 encoding with SFTP version 3 and older. 1288
- Bug fix: When calculating size of files to transfer is canceled, not using the incomplete results to estimate transfer progress.
- Bug fix: When local custom command is applied to a remote folder, it is unconditionally uploaded back after the command finishes. 1294
- Bug fix: Calculation of transfer size could not be moved to background.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.