WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Using FTP command SIZE in binary mode. 1292
- Optionally determining local file icon by extension only. 1325
- Ensuring that sessions to be opened in a new window does not get actually opened back in the existing window.
- Bug fix: SFTP transfers fail occasionally. 1321
- Bug fix: Controls occasionally do not align correctly after restoring maximized window from minimization. 1309
- Bug fix: Embedded session is not opened. 1311
- Bug fix: SCP session breaks when an output includes a null character. 1313
- Bug fix: Error retrieving file attributes with FTP protocol when the path is given with trailing slash. 1314
- Bug fix: Sort arrow was shown on unsortable Find dialog.
- Bug fix: File mask with size constraint over 4 GB does not work. 1318
- Bug fix: When dragging files from local panel to local tree, status bar is not updated. 1319
- Bug fix: Local directory tree does not show newly created folder. 1320
- Bug fix: Local directory tree stops reflecting changes after creating new folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when HTTPS WebDAV URL redirects to HTTP. 1323
- Bug fix: Certificate validation fails, when HTTP WebDAV URL redirects to HTTPS.
- Bug fix: Some redirected WebDAVS connection error messages show original host name instead of the actual host name.
- Bug fix: WebDAVS certificate failure override for redirected session is stored for original host name.
- Bug fix: During file transfers on FTP servers that do not support MLSD command, file details are not provided on overwrite confirmation prompt and transfer progress is not shown correctly. 1324
- Bug fix: Edit commands on all Internal editors reflect state of the currently focused editor, instead of their editor.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.