WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Translations completed: Catalan, Swedish and Polish.
- Several files can be opened in editor at once using their paths. 1437
- Change: Session.EnumerateRemoteFiles does not throw when reading subdirectory fails.
- Implemented Beep when work finishes also for Keep remote directory up to date. 1440
- Tunnel inherits SSH options from the main session. 1441
- Custom command and PuTTY patterns are case-insensitive.
- Custom sound for Beep when work finishes. 1444
- Make WinSCP default handler command opens Set Program Associations for WinSCP even on Windows 10.
- Informing, when the script file is not in supported encoding.
- Handling directory listing entries with question marks. 1448
- Bug fix: Failure when user’s Documents folder cannot be loaded on start. 1435
- Bug fix: GSSAPI authentication is not working in tunneled session. 1434
- Bug fix: Some scripting commands or command-line switches were not recognized on some locales (like Welsh) when used or defined with a mixed case (like /XmlLog vs./xmllog). 1436
- Bug fix: When a passive file panel is focused after reload, the panel is scrolled to show the previously focused file, what can cause unintended behavior. 1438
- Bug fix: When the current console font (e.g. raster) does not support Unicode, some console output might be lost. 1439
- Bug fix: Command-line toolbar was not disabled for WebDAV sessions.
- Bug fix: The -pw argument is added to PuTTY command-line, even when !P pattern is used. 1443
- Bug fix: Certificate validation fails on Windows Vista and older. 1442
- Bug fix: Ordering of columns that are invisible by default is not preserved. 1446
- Bug fix: UTF-16 script files cannot be loaded. 1447
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.