Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface (screenshots)
- Translated into many languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons, jump list)
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH and FTP and WebDAV and S3 protocols
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface and .NET assembly for advanced programming tasks
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Shares site settings with PuTTY
- Support for password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally protects stored site information with master password
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Improvements to sessions and workspace management, so that WinSCP can now easily restore tabs that were open when it was last closed:
- Login dialog can be configured not to automatically pop up, when starting WinSCP and when closing the last session. 1771
- When Login dialog is configured not to pop up automatically on start and workspace was saved in the previous run, the workspace is automatically restored when WinSCP starts.
- A session can be disconnected, without closing its tab, and later reconnected.
- Tabs of sessions opened with a workspace or a folder that fails to connect and tabs of all sessions that fail to reconnect are not closed.
- Option “Keep main window open when the last session is closed” is enabled by default.
- User is offered to save a workspace, even when only one session is opened.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.72. It brings the following changes:
- Major rewrite of the crypto code to remove cache and timing side channels.
- Hardware-accelerated AES. 1769 cpu-crypto-accel
- Support for GSSAPI key exchange. gss-key-exchange
- Server and protocol information dialog now shows a more detailed information about the cipher in use.
- Extension Archive and Download to archive remote files and download the archive. 1773
- Improvements to Synchronization checklist window:
- Estimating time to finish directory comparison before synchronization based on previous comparisons of the same folders.
- Allowed opening the local or remote file from synchronization checklist in Windows Explorer or WinSCP, respectively. 1784
- Hints for synchronization action icons on synchronization checklist window. 1786
- Command-line switch /browse to either force opening the main window when a file URL is specified or to explicitly select a specified file in both file panels.
- Convenience methods Session.PutFileToDirectory, Session.PutFilesToDirectory, Session.GetFileToDirectory and Session.GetFilesToDirectory.
- Selection of network interface for SSH and IPv4 using raw session setting SourceAddress. 416
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1d. It brings TLS 1.3 support among other changes.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.2:
- User can choose between installation for all users and the current user only.
- Automatically creating appropriate type of desktop icon for respective install mode.
- Modern style of the installer wizard.
- Raw site settings editor.
- Copy (to clipboard) command in file context menu. 1758
- Automatically reconnecting when FTP data connection cannot be opened, if it previously worked. 1767
- Host key and certificate fingerprint verification improvements:
- When verifying a host key using an expected fingerprint, it is possible to use an expected fingerprint with a checksum only (with both key type and bit count omitted).
- When verifying a host key or a certificate using an expected fingerprint, the comparison is case-insensitive (with an exception of SHA-256 checksum).
- When verifying a host key using an expected fingerprint, a padding (=) in SHA-256 checksum is not required.
- Change: TLS/SSL certificate fingerprints in generated URL use dashes (-) instead of colons (:), while colons are still accepted.
- Change: SHA-256 fingerprints in generated URL use dashes (-) and underscores (_) instead of pluses (+) and slashes (/), while pluses and slashes are still accepted.
- Support S3 servers with Path URI style (like MinIO). 1632
- S3 Default region can be configured on Advanced Site Settings dialog.
- Support for non standard ports with S3 protocol. 1780
- Not showing remote custom commands and local custom commands working with remote files in local file context menu.
- Custom command pattern !E preserves session name.
- Added SessionOptions.Name and SessionOptions.ToString (returning the .Name).
- Change: Removed option to create Quick Launch icons (Windows Vista and older only).
- Change: Consider size of linked file when transferring/synchronizing symbolic link. 1747
- Individual configuration storage sections can be set read-only.
- Switch /defaults accepts an optional delay in seconds to start the operation.
- Resolving local environment variables in initial session local path. 150
- Keep trying to save configuration for up to 2 seconds when INI file is locked by another process. 1775
- Change: RemoteFileInfo.FileType now consistently returns L for symlinks as was always documented. RemoteFileInfo.FileType now consistently returns uppercase value as was always documented.
- Configurable S3 root path/bucket in .NET assembly. 1778
- Indicating in an Internal editor that the file is new and preventing actions that does not make sense for non-existing files. 1752
- Persisting custom command toolbar buttons visibility. 1788
- Fallback to default ANSI encoding, when known_hosts file is not in UTF-8. 1789
- /passphrase command-line switch is now documented.
- When uploading file to a symbolic link with enabled remote recycle bin, the symbolic link is not moved to the recycle bin. 1759
- Speed box in Progress window responds to mouse wheel.
- Updates page of Preferences dialog replaced with simpler Statistics page for Store installations.
- Configurable console/terminal font. 1774
- Better error message when writing INI file fails. 1787
- Session.DisableVersionCheck will not be obsoleted. 1777
- When using a scripting console interactively, not warning about opening a session from a command-line or using a stored site.
- Allow turning off asynchronous loading of icons. 1783
- Using only extension/custom command name without any qualifiers in some contexts.
- Improved formatting of some messages.
- Small improvements of layout for longer translations.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting (local) custom command with no session opened.
- Bug fix: Errors while mass-modifying sites were displayed in message box instead of console window.
- Bug fix: When only encrypted session setting (like passwords) were changed during mass-modification, changes were not saved.
- Bug fix: It was not possible to mass-modify stored sites, when a master password was set.
- Bug fix: Directory changes cache is not case sensitive when resolving symbolic links. 1739
- Bug fix: Some cached SSH and TLS/SSL fingerprints were not preserved when exporting/importing the configuration.
- Bug fix: Validation of input boxes prevented cancelling dialogs using Cancel button. 1763
- Bug fix: It was not possible to overwrite remote file, when moving of overwritten files to remote recycle bin was configured, but the file could not be moved. 1766
- Bug fix: Files larger than 0.5 GB are never uploaded in ascii/text mode with SCP protocol as it would fail anyway due to memory issues. 1770
- Bug fix: Lower-than (<) and greater-than (>) symbols are not escaped in an output of RemotePath.EscapeFileMask .NET method and in a script generated by the GUI. 1781
- Bug fix: Error when reopening a remote file whose local temporary copy has been deleted. 1790
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
Software similar to WinSCP Beta 4
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows.
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows with a lot of features.
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows with a lot of features.