FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detectiEnter your state hereon
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
You can download the Filezilla source code here.
- When restoring the main window position at startup, detect if the title bar would become hidden behind taskbars or global menu bars and reposition it appropriately
- SFTP: Fixed preserving of timestamps on downloads
- FTP: Fixed crash if downloading ASCII files with stray carriage returns
- Fixed too strict requirements for preallocation
- *nix: Fixed a memory leak
Software similar to FileZilla 6
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows.
Transfer files through the internet.
- Free to Try
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP server for Windows with a lot of features.