SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software. Sandra is a (girl) name of Greek origin that means "defender", "helper of mankind". We think that's quite fitting.
It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCIe, ODBC Connections, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc.
Native Unicode ports for 32-bit Windows (2000/XP/2003/Vista), 64-bit & x64 Windows (XP/2003/Vista) as well as Windows CE (Pocket PC 2002/2003/2003SE, Smart Phone 2002/2003/2003SE, CE .Net 4.20) are available.
What's New in this version:
- Windows 10 Tech Preview support
- Minor fixes and optimisations for the brand-new preview release.
- DDR4 memory fixes
- As we test more memory modules with different parameters, minor cosmetic fixes were required.
General Sandra Information
Here are the version types, in line with industry standards:
- Sandra Lite (free for personal/educational use - no nag screens, time limit, etc.)
- Sandra Advanced (for OEMs)
- Sandra Professional (commercial)
- Sandra Engineer (commercially exploitabile)
- Sandra Enterprise (commercial)
- Sandra Legacy (home enthusiast)
List of SiSoftware Sandra Modules:
- System Summary
- Mainboard/Chipset/System Monitors Info
- CPU/BIOS Info
- APM & ACPI (Advanced Power Management) Info
- PCI(e), AGP, CardBus, PCMCIA bus and devices Info
- Video Information (monitor, card, video bios, caps, etc.)
- OpenGL Information
- DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput) Info
- Keyboard Info
- Mouse Info
- Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix) Info
- MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) Info
- Joystick Info
- Printers Info
- Windows Memory Info
- Windows Info
- Font (Raster, Vector, TrueType, OpenType) Information
- Modem/ISDN TA Information
- Network Information
- IP Network Information
- WinSock & Internet Security Information
- Drives Information (Removable Hard Disks, CD-ROM/DVD, RamDrives, etc.)
- Ports (Serial/Parallel) Info
- Remote Access Service Connections (Dial-Up, Internet)
- OLE objects/servers Info
- Processes (Tasks) & Threads Info
- Modules (DLL, DRV) Info
- Services & Device Drivers (SYS) Info
- SCSI Information
- ATA/ATAPI Information
- Data Sources Information
- CMOS/RTC Information
- Smart Card & SIM Card Information
- CPU Arithmetic Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- CPU Multi-Media Benchmark (including MMX, MMX Enh, 3DNow!, 3DNow! Enh, SSE(2)) (MP/MT support)
- File System (Removable, Hard Disks, Network, RamDrives) Benchmark
- Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark
- CD-ROM/DVD Benchmark
- Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Cache & Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
- Network/LAN Bandwidth Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Connection Benchmark
- Internet/ISP Peerage Benchmark
- Hardware Interrupts Usage
- DMA Channel Usage
- I/O Ports Usage
- Memory Range Usage
- Plug & Play Enumerator
- Hardware registry settings
- Environment settings
- Registered File Types
- Key Applications(web-browser, e-mail, news, anti-virus, firewall, etc.)
- Installed Applications
- Installed Programs
- Start Menu Applications
- On-disk Programs & Libraries
- Installed Web Packages(ActiveX, Java classes)
- System Event Logs
- Burn-in Wizard(test computer stability)
- Connect Wizard (connect to remote computers, PDAs, Smart Phones and other devices)
- Combined Performance Index Wizard (overall computer performance score)
- Create a Report Wizard (save, print, fax or e-mail in CIM (SMS/DMI), HTML, XML, RPT or TEXT format)
- Performance Tune-Up Wizard (tune-up computer)
- Environment Monitor Wizard (temperatures, voltages, fans, CPU power, cooling solution thermal resistance, etc.)
- WebUpdate Wizard for automatic version updating
Key features of Sandra 2014
- 3 native architectures support (x86, x64, ARM).
- Huge official hardware support through technology partners (Intel, AMD/ATI, SiS, VIA).
- 5 native virtualisation technologies support (Virtual PC 7, Virtual Server 2005, Hyper-V Server, VMware Server/ESX, VMware WorkStation/Player)
- 3 native GPGPU/GPAPU platforms support (OpenCL, DirectX Compute Shader, CUDA).
- 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 11.x, DirectX 10.x, DirectX 9, OpenGL 2.0+).
- 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
- Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
What's New in 2014:
This is a platform update release that includes tool, SDK and library updates. Overall, the benchmark scores should still be within variation range - at least on the platforms we have tested.
- Further Platform update: Windows XP, Server 2003/R2 no longer supported
In order to move forward we have to change the environment, more specifically to VS 2013; we took this "opportunity" to remove support for XP and thus Server 2003 - thus supporting Kernel 6.0 and later only.
- CUDA SDK 6.5
Now that recent WHQL video drivers support it, and due to VS2013, we changed to SDK 6.5 - which includes native Maxwell (SM50) support. Unfortunately SM10 support has been removed and SM11 support is deprecated.
- Internal Scheduler
- Fix for systems with multiple CPU groups (e.g. more than 64 threads) where affinity would be incorrect.
- Fix for benchmark failure when NUMA node would be incorrect due to above.
- Fix for benchmark lock-up when affinity would be incorrect due to above.
- CPU benchmark: Dhrystone
- Crash fix for AVX2 x64 code-path on some systems.
- CPU benchmark: Multi-Media
- Added Quad-Int (128-bit) implemented as 2x 64-bit integers or 4x 32-bit integers depending on platform.
- Added Double-Int (64-bit) SIMD AVX2, AVX, SSE4 implementation.
- CPU benchmark: Scientific
- Improved FMA FGEMM/DGEMM and FFFT/DFFT implementation.
- GPGPU benchmark: GP Processing
- Added Quad-Float (128-bit) implemented as 4x single-float (4x 32-bit) for GPUs that do not support native double-float (aka 2x 64-bit) in CUDA, OpenCL.
- Video Shader Compute
- Added Quad-Float (128-bit) implemented as 4x single-float (4x 32-bit) for GPUs that do not support native double-float (aka 2x 64-bit) in DirectX 11, 10 and OpenGL 3.x+
- Reduced OpenGL shader requirements by using extensions; lower base GL/GLSL are now supported if the extensions are supported.
What's New in Previous Version:
- CD/DVD/BD-ROM fix
- Fix for some drives that would fail benchmarking. Note that it is recommended that you use a pressed test CD/DVD/BD for testing.
- CPU Scientific Benchmarking optimisation
- SGEMM / DGEMM - AVX/FMA code-path optimised
- SFFT / DFFT - SSE2 and AVX/FMA code-paths optimised
- SGEMM / DGEMM - AVX/FMA code-path optimised
- GP (GPU/APU) Scientific Benchmarking optimisation
- SGEMM / DGEMM - work-group optimisation for CUDA & OpenCL
- SFFT / DFFT - work-group optimisation for CUDA & OpenCL