Mozilla Firefox 25.0
The absolute latest from Mozilla Firefox, through their stable channel.
Firefox, the award-winning web browser, is now faster, more secure, and fully customizable to your online life.
Firefox empowers you to accomplish your online activities faster, more safely and efficiently than any other browser, period. Built with Tab browsing, popup blocking and a number of other seamless innovations, Firefox stands out ahead.
The wait is over. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely and more efficiently than with any other browser.
- Fixed 23.0.1 - Rendering glitches on H.264 video only in FF23 on Vista (901944)
- Fixed 23.0.1 - Spellchecking broken with non-ASCII characters in profile path (902532)
- Fixed 23.0.1 - Audio static/"burble"/breakup in Firefox to Firefox WebRTC calls (901527)
- New Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages (learn more)
- New Options panel created for Web Developer Toolbox
- Changed Updated Firefox Logo
- Changed Improved about:memory's functional UI
- Changed Simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation
- Changed Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding
- Changed Users can now switch to a new search provider across the entire browser
- Changed CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced
- Changed "Load images automatically" and Always show the tab bar" checkboxes removed from preferences and reset to defaults. Want to hide one tab? Try this add-on.
- Changed rendering improvements (see bug 838675)
- Developer HTML5 form control implemented
- Developer Implemented a global browser console
- Developer Social share functionality
- Developer Added unpreFixed requestAnimationFrame
- Developer Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons
- Developer Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed
- Developer New feature in toolbox: Network Monitor
- Fixed Various security fixes
- Unresolved Moving Firefox to background while playing a flash video in full screen mode and bring it back to view will freeze the app (see 809055)
- Unresolved Replace Fixed-ratio audio resampler in webrtc.org capture code with Speex resampler and eliminate pseudo-44000Hz rate (see 886886) Unresolved on v22 Resolved in v24
- Unresolved If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.