Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Improved compatibility with certain internet radio stations.
- Tag manipulation improvements.
- When editing tags of iTunes-encoded M4A files, excess padding (often as much as 32 kilobytes) will be removed.
- Better handling of WMA “rating” field.
- Default UI album art viewer now less likely to make app unresponsive when attempting to load pictures from a lagging network share.
- Embedded album art loading performance tweaks.
- Updated FLAC library (1.3.2)
- Updated zlib (1.2.11)
- Updated FFmpeg (3.2.4)
- Unicode filenames within ZIP files now work correctly.
- Added “skip all” button to Converter overwrite prompt dialog.
- Fixed resampler configuration sample rate pickers not allowing more than five digits.
Apps similar to Foobar 2000 4
Powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
The legendary WinAMP media player can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts.