Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Improved compatibility with certain internet radio stations.
- Tag manipulation improvements.
- When editing tags of iTunes-encoded M4A files, excess padding (often as much as 32 kilobytes) will be removed.
- Better handling of WMA “rating” field.
- Default UI album art viewer now less likely to make app unresponsive when attempting to load pictures from a lagging network share.
- Embedded album art loading performance tweaks.
- Updated FLAC library (1.3.2)
- Updated zlib (1.2.11)
- Updated FFmpeg (3.2.4)
- Unicode filenames within ZIP files now work correctly.
- Added “skip all” button to Converter overwrite prompt dialog.
- Fixed resampler configuration sample rate pickers not allowing more than five digits.
Apps similar to Foobar 2000 5
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality.
The legendary WinAMP media player can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts.