Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Fixed FLAC seeking regression from the previous version.
- Added support for MP4 DASH files.
- Fixed PPHS resampler crash on extreme sample rates.
- Fixed missing WavPack mime type handler.
- Improved DirectSound output behaviors with low-latency configurations (mainly for new ABX Comparator).
Software that can be used as an alternative to Foobar 2000: