Adium X for Mac 1.5.9
Adium is a multiple protocol instant messaging client.
This is a culmination of a year long rewrite of adium, which now utilizes libgaim (the core part of gaim) to connect to multiple protocols, and is also based on a new plugin architecture.
Partial address book integration, cool looking tabs, multiple protocols for instant messaging, and a compact contact list are some of the many features of the new Adium X.
- AOL Instant Messenger (Including ICQ and .Mac)
- Jabber (Including Google Talk and LiveJournal)
- MSN Messenger
- Yahoo! Messenger (Including Yahoo! Japan)
- Bonjour (Compatible with iChat)
- MySpace IM
- Novell Groupwise
- Lotus Sametime
- OTR Encryption
- Tabbed Messaging
- File Transfer
- Webkit Message Display
- Updated the included Growl SDK to 2.0, adding support for Notification Center on 10.8 if Growl is not installed. (#15867)
- Updated libotr to 3.2.1, fixing a security vulnerability. (#16122)
- Updated libpurple to 2.10.6.
- Changed the default tab switching shortcuts for new users to Control-Tab/Control-Shift-Tab, to match Safari. (#16102)
- Improved disk usage: limit the tracking of the "last seen" time to contacts who are on your contact list.
- Fixed a problem where accepting a group chat invite on Sametime 8.5.1 would crash Adium. (Jonathan Rice and Jere Krischel) (#16114)
- Fixed a problem where accepting a group chat invite on HipChat's XMPP server would crash Adium. (#16007)
- Fixed a problem preventing Adium from executing Applescripts when Gatekeeper is enabled.
- Added routines to make Secure Transport (on 10.8 and above) work around buggy TLS implementations in certain older XMPP servers. (#16081)
- Updated translations: British English, Czech, Danish (#16196), Dutch (#16220), French (#16207), Italian (#16218), Norwegian (Bokmål) (#16219), Portuguese (Portugal) (#16211), Slovakian (#16194), Turkish.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.