The latest beta of the powerful archive manager. Create and decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from the internet.
WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- WinRAR gives you all future Updates for free.
- Extract each archive to separate folder" context menu command did not work properly and extracted all files to same folder if destination folder was protected with user account control (UAC).
- "Extract relative paths" option was ignored and full pathname was created when extracting a file from ZIP archive to a folder protected with user account control (UAC);
- if encrypted archived file was opened in external editor, modified and saved, previous beta stored this file back to archive without encryption.
- "Create WinRAR.ini file" command in "Export/Import" submenu of "Options" menu creates a new WinRAR.ini file and copies WinRAR settings from Registry to this file.
- Beta 1 documentation described "Global" keys in WinRAR.ini as Global/AppData, Global/Integration, Global/SaveSettings, when actually they are Global\AppData, Global\Integration, Global\SaveSettings (backslash instead of forward slash). Now WinRAR creates these keys in WinRAR.ini automatically if they do not already exist.
- Compression settings in "Convert archives" dialog were not saved after pressing "Save" button.
- First beta proposed "name.ext.ext.rar" instead of expected "name.ext.rar" archive name, when archiving "name.ext" folder.