WinGuard Pro 8.14
Password protect your programs, windows and web pages.
With WinGuard Pro you can password protect your programs, windows and web pages in one easy to use program. It lets you lock features of your system so that nobody can use them while you are away. The program lets you specify a password and then choose from a variety of options- what features to lock, for example, the find tool, backing up, desktop, etc. All the options are listed within one window and they are self-explaining, so there is no need to wade your way through dozens of sub-folders and weird registry key values.
What's more, there is also encryption for your personal files and folders. It offers an all-in-one security solution for your computer. With extra features to lock the desktop, boot keys, task keys, blocking software installations and internet access.
Note: WinGuard Pro comes in a Free and Premium edition in this single download. You have the option to upgrade to Premium if you desire at a later date.
- Built-in programs: There are around 15 common programs built-in for locking in the Free Edition.
- Lock your own programs+: You can also add any of your own programs for locking.
- Password timer: You can set in seconds how long you want to give users to enter the password to access any locked programs. This can help deter hackers.
- Screen blank: You can have the screen blank in emergencies, this prevents any use of the computer, and blacks out the screen only leaving a password box to access the entire system.
- Additonal Protecion: This lets you lock even more features down on your PC. Such as the Desktop, My
- Computer, Internet Access, Internet Downloading+, Software Installations* and much more.
- Stop people installing software+: This is a must have for those of you who are sick of users installing software on your computers without your consent. With this feature just a simple click is all that's needed and the software will disable Setup programs, Installers, Self Extracting Exe's, Zip files, the lot.
- Help prevent viruses: Using the above feature to stop software installs, this will help prevent such viruses that may be contained in program the user is trying to install.
- Lock or Encrypt your Files and Folders: Two methods of protection are available, including strong encryption.
- It's free: WinGuard Pro 2006 is as it states FREE! Though we do offer a Premium Edition for an optional fee.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: