Dual-Boot Vista and Anything! EasyBCD is a bootloader modification tool for Windows Vista.
EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to taking control of your bootloader. EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows Vista/Windows 7 BCD bootloader, and with EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and Mac OS X is a breeze. You just point & click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you're interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
* Boot into XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
* Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
* Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
* Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
* Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more.
* New: EasyBCD Multi-Language Localization Support
* New: Windows 8 support
* New: Automatically create backup of BCD store the first time EasyBCD is run
* New: Add VHDX support to EasyBCD
* New: Volume licensing option for commercial edition
* Fixed: EasyBCD doesn't detect any entries if EFI bootmgr is installed
* Fixed: EasyBCD does not properly interpret pae=yes or pae=no
* Fixed: EasyBCD can't exit when closing after unsafe removal of loaded USB
* Fixed: EasyBCD hangs on Windows 8 w/ .NET 4
* Fixed: Setting locale for VHD entry causes entry corruption
* Fixed: Setting advanced settings for WinPE entry after creation corrupts entry
* Separate the update info URIs for the commercial and community editions
* EasyBCD picture in setup welcome screen
* Use new EasyBCD and NeoSmart Technologies logos.
* Date format in default EasyBCD backup filenames is YYYY-MM-DD regardless of locale for sort reasons
* Append (#) to default EasyBCD backup name if already exists
* Support High-Contrast Theme
* High DPI support w/ translation UI
* Faster enumeration of installed languages
* Commercial version support for auto-updating
* Support Gentoo Grub2
* Support Fedora 17, Gentoo, and ArchLinux GRUB2 changes
* EasyBCD can limit up to 99,999MiB of memory
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.