It can encrypt images and encode them with BinHex, GZip, BZip2, or MacBinary. It can create images with rich-text license agreements.
It also supports segmented images and images that auto-open when you mount them. There are many time-saving features such as temporary preferences when you hold down Option, remembering recent folders, and the ability to create more than one image at a time by dropping multiple folders onto DropDMG.
All the options are available from AppleScript and from the "dropdmg" command-line tool.
Create disk images and archives with a simple drag and drop.
* time-saving features:
* temporary preferences when you hold down Option,
* remembering recent folders,
* configurations to keep track of popular combinations of settings,
* the ability to create more than one image at a time.
* Fixed a regression in version 2.8.3 where DropDMG would delete the source file/folder if you were creating a segmented disk image next to the source and there was not enough disk space