Here at resin.io we have thousands of users working through our getting started process and until recently we were embarassed about the steps that involved burning an SD card. There was a separate track for each Mac/Windows/Ubuntu and several manual and error prone steps along the way.
To our surprise there was nothing out there that fitted our needs. So we built Etcher, a SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
No more writing images on corrupted cards and wondering why your device isn't booting.
Hard Drive Friendly
Makes drive selection obvious to avoid wiping your entire hard-drive
Who said burning SD cards has to be an eyesore.
Made with JS, HTML, node.js and Electron. Dive in and contribute!
Works for everyone, no more complicated install instructions.
More on the way
50% faster burns, simultaneous writing for multiple drives. View our roadmap
This release introduces the ability flash multiple devices simultaneously, and fixes some long standing issues, like EINVAL write errors on Linux.
Also, a warning has been added when flashing devices larger than the typical SD card, to further prevent accidental flashing of connected external hard drives.
- Don’t display status dots with a quantity of zero on success screen
- Correct wording of flash status to use “successful” instead of “succeeded”
- Keep single drive-image pairs with warnings selected
- Improve notification messages
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Windows 64-bit
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Windows 32-bit
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Windows 64-bit Portable
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Windows 32-bit Portable
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Apple macOS
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Linux 64-bit
- Etcher 1.4.3 for Linux 32-bit
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Windows 64-bit
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Windows 32-bit
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Windows 64-bit Portable
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Windows 32-bit Portable
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Apple macOS
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Linux 64-bit
- Etcher 1.2.1 for Linux 32-bit
Apps similar to Etcher 4
YUMI can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more. YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs.
Universal USB Installer aka UUI is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive. The Universal USB Installer is easy to use.
One of the best tools to create bootable USB drives, the easy way.