Here at resin.io we have thousands of users working through our getting started process and until recently we were embarassed about the steps that involved burning an SD card. There was a separate track for each Mac/Windows/Ubuntu and several manual and error prone steps along the way.
To our surprise there was nothing out there that fitted our needs. So we built balenaEtcher, a SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
No more writing images on corrupted cards and wondering why your device isn't booting.
Hard Drive Friendly
Makes drive selection obvious to avoid wiping your entire hard-drive
Who said burning SD cards has to be an eyesore.
Made with JS, HTML, node.js and Electron. Dive in and contribute!
Works for everyone, no more complicated install instructions.
More on the way
50% faster burns, simultaneous writing for multiple drives. View our roadmap
- Update partitioninfo to 5.3.5 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Add .vhd to the list of supported extensions, allow opening any file [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Update mocha to v8.0.1 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Update electron-notarize to v1.0.0 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Update electron to v9.0.4 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Update etcher-sdk to v4.1.15 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Sticky header in target selection table [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Update rendition to 15.2.1 [Alexis Svinartchouk]
- Fix source-selector image height [Lorenzo Alberto Maria Ambrosi]
- Update rendition to v15.0.0 [Lorenzo Alberto Maria Ambrosi]
- Merge unsafe mode with new target selector [Lorenzo Alberto Maria Ambrosi]
- Rework target selector modal [Lorenzo Alberto Maria Ambrosi]
Software similar to Etcher 4
YUMI lets you create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple OS, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
One of the best tools to create bootable USB drives, the easy way. Works for Windows, Linux, DOS, UEFI and ARM.
Universal USB Installer aka UUI is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive. The Universal USB Installer is easy to use.