Jomic 0.9.23 for Mac OS X
Jomic is a viewer for comic book archives.
It can handle both CBZ and CBR archives and has a two page mode. Supported image formats are PNG, JFIF/JPEG, TIFF, and GIF. It is Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Here are some key features of "Jomic":
· Fixed NoClassDefFoundError in launcher scripts if installation path contained blanks (as in "C:Program Files") [Bug 1537824].
· Fixed overlap of two images when reading from left to right in full-screen [Bug 1594668].
· Fixed keyboard handling in full-screen mode. (Note: Java keyboard handling is a nightmare. Java full-screen mode is a nightmare. Together, they are almost unbearable. After lots of sweat and tears I'm now reasonably convinced that assigning a KeyListener to the full-sscreen frame directly is pretty much on the only way to make it work. With no other JComponent in the frame needed and no InputMap ever touched.) [Part of Bug 1445957].
· Fixed occasional empty screen when switching to full-screen. The reason was that Swing's repaint events were disabled too late, so that after initially drawing the image a repaint was sent. Because the full-screen paint() does nothing, it just cleared the screen.
· Fixed AssertionError when attempting to open next/previous comic while in full-screen and already at last/first issue.
· Fixed error message if full-screen could not be opened due incapable device.
· Changed image rendering to use bilinear interpolation instead of the platforms default. This increases the quality of rescaled images, in particular under Windows XP.
· Added check box "Open in full screen" to "Open comic" dialog.
· Java 1.4 or newer. Normally it is already installed, otherwise you can get it via Software Update from the Apple menu.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: