Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Jomic is a viewer for comic book archives.
It can handle both CBZ and CBR archives and has a two page mode. Supported image formats are PNG, JFIF/JPEG, TIFF, and GIF. It is Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Here are some key features of "Jomic":
· Fixed NoClassDefFoundError in launcher scripts if installation path contained blanks (as in "C:Program Files") [Bug 1537824].
· Fixed overlap of two images when reading from left to right in full-screen [Bug 1594668].
· Fixed keyboard handling in full-screen mode. (Note: Java keyboard handling is a nightmare. Java full-screen mode is a nightmare. Together, they are almost unbearable. After lots of sweat and tears I'm now reasonably convinced that assigning a KeyListener to the full-sscreen frame directly is pretty much on the only way to make it work. With no other JComponent in the frame needed and no InputMap ever touched.) [Part of Bug 1445957].
· Fixed occasional empty screen when switching to full-screen. The reason was that Swing's repaint events were disabled too late, so that after initially drawing the image a repaint was sent. Because the full-screen paint() does nothing, it just cleared the screen.
· Fixed AssertionError when attempting to open next/previous comic while in full-screen and already at last/first issue.
· Fixed error message if full-screen could not be opened due incapable device.
· Changed image rendering to use bilinear interpolation instead of the platforms default. This increases the quality of rescaled images, in particular under Windows XP.
· Added check box "Open in full screen" to "Open comic" dialog.
· Java 1.4 or newer. Normally it is already installed, otherwise you can get it via Software Update from the Apple menu.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.