Plone 2.5.2 for Mac OS X
Plone is a content management system for web publishing and the Zope application server.
The system provides pre-configured security and roles, a set of content types, and multi-lingual support, among other features. Plone is available under both GPL and commercial licenses.
Here are some key features of "Plone":
· Plone is powerful and flexible. It is ideal as an intranet and extranet server, as a document publishing system, a portal server and as a groupware tool for collaboration between separately located entities.
· Plone is easy to use. The Plone Team includes usability experts who have made Plone easy and attractive for content managers to add, update, and maintain content.
· Plone is easy to install. You can install Plone with a click-and-run installer, and have a content management system running on your computer in just a few minutes.
· Plone is international. The Plone interface has more than 50 language translations, and tools for managing multilingual content.
· Plone is supported. There are close to a hundred developers in the Plone Development Team around the world, and hundreds of companies specializing in Plone development and support.
· Plone is standard. Plone carefully follows standards for usability and accessibility. Plone pages are compliant with US Section 508, and the W3C's AA rating for accessibility, in addition to using best-practice web standards like XHTML and CSS.
· Plone is Open Source. Plone is licensed under the GNU General Public License, the same license Linux uses. This gives you the right to use Plone without a license fee, and to improve upon the product.
· Plone is extensible. There are many add-on products for Plone that add new features and content types. In addition, Plone can be scripted using web standard solutions and Open Source languages.
· Plone is technology neutral. Plone can interoperate with most relational database systems, open source and commercial, and runs on a vast array of platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris and BSD.
· Plone is protected. The nonprofit Plone Foundation was formed in 2004 to promote the use of Plone around the world and protect the Plone IP and trademarks.
· Integrating with PAS and Zope 3 views.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: