EarthDesk for Mac 6.3.0
Replaces your static desktop picture with beautiful maps of the world with correct sun and moon illumination.
Eleven different projections.Political and satellite maps.
Zoom from 50% to 400%.City lights appear at night.Atlas contains 10,000 cities.EarthDesk gives you numerous options for configuring the map images placed on your desktop.
Map centering options include:Natural origin (0N, 0E).User-defined city.Subsolar point.Subsolar antipode.Sublunar point.Sublunar antipode.
EarthDesk uses the same Atlas database technology as Time Palette, providing the application with detailed geographical and time zone information for 10,000 cities throughout the world.
The Atlas maintains comprehensive rules for Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time), giving EarthDesk a level of accuracy unmatched by other applications.
EarthDesk gives you numerous options for configuring the map images placed on your desktop.
Maps can be centered on a city, so that the map remains stationary while the sun and moon move. Alternatively, the map center may be locked to the position of the sun or moon so that the shadow remains fixed, while the map moves.
For example, by centering on the subsolar point, the map will move throughout the day so as to keep the sun in the center of the screen, as in this Azimuthal projection.
Earthdesk automatically conforms its maps to the aspect ratio of your screen, for a perfect fit with adjustable zoom control.
Unique to EarthDesk is accurate rendering of moonlight on the Living Earth satellite map. To create this stunning effect, the phase of the moon and reflectiveness of the Earth's surface are used to determine correct coloring of the image.
- beautiful addition to any Mac system.
- Accurate sun, moon and city lighting.
- High quality twilight shading.
- Automatically updates when waking from sleep.
- Moonlight shading can be turned on or off.
- Complete multi-display support.
- Eleven separate map projections.
- Includes both satellite and political maps.
- Easy to install: Help system and Atlas support files encapsulated in a single application file.
- Prevents a crash or loss of cloud data when using a network that requires some form of web page login such as fee-based WiFi hotspots.
- Several miscellaneous internal improvements.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.