Freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
What's New 5.8.3 RC:
Improvements to .NET assembly
- Added Session.TranslateLocalPathToRemote to .NET assembly to generate a remote path equivalent of a local path, given root paths.
- Change: A complete remote error message is stored into a single instance of SessionRemoteException, instead of separating error details into an inner exception.
- Preventing .NET assembly from timing out during lengthy file transfers.
- Preventing winscp.com and .NET assembly timing out waiting for winscp.exe when the system is temporarily busy.
- Bug fix: Session instance could not be used anymore after calling ScanFingerprint.
- Bug fix: Failure when Session.MoveFile source file is not existing and its name has file mask-like syntax.
- Bug fix: WinSCP .NET assembly cannot find WinSCP executable in its installation folder not the default installation folder when used in 64-bit process.
Improvements to custom commands:
- Extensions are configurable.
- Local path pattern (!\) for custom commands.
- All custom command prompts are entered on one dialog box.
- Separating custom commands that do not operate with files to a separate submenu of Commands menu.
- Holding down Ctrl and Shift keys while running a local custom command copies the command to clipboard instead of executing it.
- Displaying full command name in custom command preferences list. The keyboard shortcut now displays in a hint only.
- Full release notes here.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.