WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Translations completed: Kabyle, Traditional Chinese and Ukrainian; and updated: Bahasa Indonesia.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2o.
- Treating a star as an unset permission for compatibility with Win32-OpenSSH.
- Bug fix: /refresh parameter with sftp:// URL was not working for SFTP sessions with enabled fallback to SCPprotocol.
- Bug fix: Simple input boxes (like “Edit File” dialog) are broken on multi monitor systems with different DPI.
- Bug fix: HTTP proxy responses for FTP protocol are logged char by char.
- Bug fix: Port number box was visible for S3 protocol, even though its value has no effect.
- Bug fix: Hang when opening a menu with any Paste command, while clipboard contains a large amount of text.
- Bug fix: Slashes in SHA-256 fingerprints are not encoded in generated URLs.
- Bug fix: Failure when closing a session with a local proxy command.
- Bug fix: Failure when closing Find window while finding files.
WinSCP 5.13 is a major application update. New features and enhancements include:
- Amazon S3 protocol support.
- SHA-256 host key fingerprints are used.
- Stalled connection attempts can be canceled promptly.
- Improvements to .NET assembly and scripting.
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
Apps similar to WinSCP 6
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows with a lot of features.
Transfer files through the internet.
FTP client that is used to transfer files between your computer and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers.