FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detection
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
- Change client identification string if connecting with SFTP due to OpenSSH disregarding the supported ciphers announced by the client, resulting in less secure algorithms being chosen by OpenSSH.
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- MSW: Improve handling of NTFS reparse points
- MSW: If running the installer with /S, previous versions where not uninstalled prior to the new version being installed
- MSW: The installer can be run with /quiet for a semi-silent installation
- OS X, *nix: Potential fix for a rare crash if changing local directories while the local directory list is being updated and vice versa.