FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detectiEnter your state hereon
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
- Custom associations for file extensions containing spaces were not saved correctly.
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Fixed a rare crash if closing FileZilla the very same moment a connection or transfer requests user attention
- OS X: Fix a compatibility issue with macOS 10.13
- Fixed a potential crash if the first-launch welcome dialog is shown at an inopportune moment
- Fixed display of subject and issuer details in the certificate verification dialogs with some certificates
- Official binaries are now built againt GnuTLS 3.6.7, minimum required GnuTLS version to build FileZilla is now 3.5.7
- Backport a security fix from PuTTY 0.71 affecting SFTP connections: Fix an integer overflow in the RSA key exchange preceeding host key verification
- Fix a regression introduced in 3.41.1 with slow FTP servers needlessly waiting for a bidirectional shutdown of the data connection during downloads
- MSW: Fix an issue with failing uploads due to the operating system not gracefully closing TCP connections contrary to the documented behavior
- MSW: Fix compilation flags for wxWidgets to no longer include useless XP compatibility
- MSW: Microsoft broke the ICopyHook interface in Windows 1803. Until Microsoft fixes the bug in Windows, drag & drop from FileZilla into Explorer will not work on Windows 1803.
- Fix activity indicators not working after the update check has been run
- Change client identification string if connecting with SFTP due to OpenSSH disregarding the supported ciphers announced by the client, resulting in less secure algorithms being chosen by OpenSSH.
Software similar to FileZilla for Mac 4
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows.
FileZilla is a fast FTP and SFTP client for Windows with a lot of features.
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client, S3 client and SCP client for Windows.