CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users) .
Alternatively you can download the latest standard version of this software.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application * * Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete – freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you’re a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
Following last month's CCleaner 5 release, we're pleased to announce v5.01 adds a brand new Disk Analyzer tool! You can now see the types of files taking up the most space on your drives, so you can identify areas that need a clean up.
This update also includes improved Firefox and Opera cleaning as well as optimized memory and CPU usage.
This will be our last release for 2014 so we wish you Happy Holidays from the Piriform team. For all our CCleaner Professional users, your installation will update automatically.
- New Disk Analyzer tool
- Improved Firefox 34 cleaning
- Improved Opera History cleaning
- Optimized Memory and CPU usage
- Improved localization support
- Minor GUI Improvements
- Minor bug fixes