Halite (named after the mineral) is a C++ BitTorrent client based on the excellent libtorrent library from Rasterbar Software. The program also relies heavily on the Boost libraries.
While not a heavyweight in the bells & whistles category, Halite is a functional BitTorrent client. So far its list of features include:
- File selection and/or file priority specifications.
- Managed torrent queue system.
- Disk cache support.
- Magnet URI support.
- Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
- Supports Magnet URI torrents.
- µTorrent style multi-tracker announcing.
- IP filtering with eMule style ipfilter.dat import.
- Protocol Encryption support.
- Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers. (if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
- Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary.
- Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-char strings.
- Login support where tracker requires it.
- Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
- Ability to create torrent files.
- Port randomisation and forwarding (UnPlug and Play or NAT-PMP).
- Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
- Shutdown scheduler.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.