With CrossOver, you can run many popular Windows games and programs on macOS – you can check here for compatibility. CrossOver comes with an easy to use, single click interface, which makes installing your games and apps simple and fast.
It's like running Windows on your Mac, but without Windows. No rebooting, no switching to a virtual machine, and no Windows Operating System license required.
CrossOver is the easiest way to run many Microsoft applications on your Mac without a clunky Windows emulator. CrossOver works differently. It's not an emulator. It does the work of translating Windows commands into Mac commands so that you can run Windows software as if it were designed native to Mac.
CrossOver is built on the latest versions of Wine, based on contributions from both CodeWeavers and the open-source Wine community, and then lovingly hand-crafted by Stefan Dösinger and Henri Verbeet, our very own Wine/Games connoisseurs. CrossOver aims to bring you the latest, greatest, bleeding edge improvements in Wine technology. This means that the newest games run faster and better under CrossOver than under other versions of CrossOver, or other version of free Wine, for that matter.
Core Technology Improvements:
- CrossOver 23 includes Wine 8.0.1, with over 5,000 improvements, and selected patches from recent Wine with benefits to many popular applications.
- Update to Wine Mono 7.4.
- Update to vkd3d 1.8.
- Update to DXVK 1.10.3.
- Support for EA App.
- Ability to uninstall applications.
- Initial support for DirectX 12 games, including Diablo II: Resurrected and Diablo IV.
- Initial support for geometry shaders and transform feedback.
- Update to MoltenVK 1.2.3.
- Office 365 support on Wayland.
- Support for Diablo IV.