MPC-HC is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. The player supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. Most important thing is that we're completely free, 0 spyware, 0 ads and no user tracking.
It has a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QuickTime and/or Real Player); built-in MPEG2/SVCD/DVD codec. Media Player Classic was created and is currently maintained by a programmer named "Gabest". This is a mod of Media Player Classic design for home cinema usage.
Watch movies on any SSE CPU, even on your old computer back from '99. With its wide array of options, MPC-HC can be customized to fit almost any needs. Among other things we added custom toolbars. MPC-HC can also be used as DVB player.
- Beta version updated to 18.104.22.1689
- Internal Subtitle Renderer: Convert colorspace of subtitles to match video.
- Append files to the playlist on drag&drop while holding "Control" key
- Enable Press and Hold gesture to make easier access to context menu on touch devices
- Add Danish translation
- Add ability to disable every time after playback event for current session by selecting "Do nothing" event in context menu.
- Ticket #3051, Support DTS Music Disc
- Ticket #5147, Add /randomize command-line switch for playlist randomization
- Ticket #5334, Allow to enable high precision timer also when Subresync bar is hidden. Right click on timer shows menu with options.
- Ticket #5356, DVB: Support HEVC broadcasts
- Ticket #5386, OSD: Add the ability to display the file name using a menu item and a hotkey ('N' by default)
- Subtitle renderer: Better compatibility with ASS/SSA subtitle files that are slightly violating the specs
- Rename "Display Stats" and "Reset Display Stats" features to "OSD: Display Renderer Statistics" and "OSD: Reset Renderer Statistics" so that their meaning is clearer in the "Keys" option panel. Also rename "Display Stats" to "Display Statistics" in the "Renderer Settings" menu
- Ticket #5294, Use internal LAV Splitter for demuxing WTV files
- Ticket #5336/#5380, Replace the minidump creation by Doctor Dump, a more advanced crash reporter. The new crash reporter is able to send the report automatically after the user's approval and can warn the user if the problem has already been fixed in a newer version. It should also be generally more reliable than the old method
- Ticket #5416, Rename "Remaining Time" feature to "Display Current Time" in the "Renderer Settings" menu and to "OSD: Display Current Time" in the "Keys" option panel so that it describes the feature accurately
- Updated Little CMS to v2.7 (git 6e33faa)
- Updated Unrar to v5.2.7
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.73
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.31
- Updated SoundTouch to v1.9.0
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.65.0.9:
- LAV Video Decoder: Faster DXVA decoding in copy-back mode (direct output mode)
- LAV Video Decoder: Support for HEVC Main10 DXVA2 decoding in copy-back mode
- LAV Audio Decoder: Support for native DTS-HD decoding using libdcadec
- Ticket #5299, LAV Video Decoder: Fix corrupted decoding of some HEVC files
- Ticket #5330, LAV Video Decoder: Improve DVD subtitles timeout in some cases
- Ticket #5333, LAV Splitter: Fix handling of some Blu-Ray playlist
- Updated Basque, British English, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translations
- EVR-CP/Sync renderers could produce wrong colors
- Do not mirror the status bar and the time indicator when using an RTL layout
- DVBSub: Fix a possible infinite loop when rendering corrupted subtitles
- Subfolders were sometimes parsed multiple times when drag-and-dropping a folder
- Haali Renderer: Fix XySubFilter support
- Cover image were sometimes incorrectly displayed
- Logitech LCD: MPC-HC crashed when the media duration was unknown
- PGS subtitles: MPC-HC could crash when rendering broken subtitles
- Playlist: Fix and improve the shuffle mode:
Apps similar to Media Player Classic Home Cinema 8
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
VSO-Media Player is a very simple way to listen the music files from your computer.
Light Alloy - is a compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats.