Sign up for a new account or log in here:
VirtueDesktops is a virtual desktop manager for Apple’s Mac OS
VirtueDesktops is a virtual desktop manager for Apple’s Mac OS. VirtueDesktops will offer features, configurable options and eye candy that no other desktop manager on the mac has added yet. Sadly, VirtueDesktops is no longer under active development.
VirtueDesktops is based upon the work done by Rich Wareham on DesktopManager (specifically the CGSPrivate headers), which is an alternate open-source virtual desktop application. VirtueDesktops includes a small amount of Rich’s code from DesktopManager.
· Virtual screens: an unlimited number of virtual screens at your disposal
· Eye candy: exciting transitions and window fading
· Universal binary: runs at full speed on your shiny new intel-based mac
· AppleScript-able: script your desktop experience
· Unobtrusive: VirtueDesktops does not clutter your desktop - it gets in, switches your virtual screen and then quietly hides itself, waiting for your next request
· Extensible: install plugins to add additional features
· Exposé: works well with Apple’s Exposé
· Keeps you informed: notifications and current desktop display orient you as you work across multiple virtual screens
· Stick-ify your windows or applications: Make your windows and applications visible across all of your virtual screens
· Fixes to localisation;
· Miscellaneous fixes for stability
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.