PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- Improved DPI awareness
- New command line directive "-peaziplanguage" to programmatically change application's localization second parameter is the name of the localization file, proper localization directory "lang" is resolved by the program example: peazip.exe -peaziplanguage it.txt please note if other instances of PeaZip are open, they will overwrite language in configuration when they close
Extraction and Archiving
- Added hamburger menu button in tabs bar to provide alternative access to archiving/extraction context menu
- Improved archive creation screen
- Added installer-mode sfx modules for 7z (advanced options tab)
- Replicated archiving action options in main options page (7z/p7zip supported types)
- Provided new update options: update only items already in archive (ignore extra items on disk), and synchronize archive with content on disk (remove items from archive if removed from disk)
- Improved Windows installer
- Archiving, extraction, browsing, and tools groups are now divided by separators for ease of use "CRC, hash and file tools" (PeaUtils) was added as default entry
- Localization can now be set from installer
Apps similar to PeaZip 6
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.