PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- UPX 3.91
- (Windows Vista and newer) Improved UAC integration for archiving and extraction functions
- Improved file deletion modes
- Added very_fast mode (single pass random data) to Secure delete
- Fast mode (two pass random data) is now default mode for secure delete
- Added Zero delete, deletion mode overwriting existing file with all 0
- (Windows) Introduced free space deletion modes
- Added Secure delete free space, overwriting with random data multiple times (same as secure file delete)
- Added Zero delete free space, overwriting with all 0 to improve compressibility of filesystem (i.e. disk image backup, virtual machine optimization)
- Re-introduced local help file for offline support
- Various fixes and improvements
- (Linux) fixed using output path as working directory
Extraction and Archiving
- "Extract all to" starts from input folder (or default extraction path, if set)
- Implemented extract/archive to original input folder: multiple input files from different paths can be extracted/archived each in its own path in a single pass
177 file extensions supported
- Added support for .msu (Microsoft update) and .mpp (Microsoft Project file)
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.