PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
- Improved handling of double file extension when creating archives
- Updated translations and Windows' context menu localization scripts
- [Windows] Updated to FreeArc 0.67 alpha
- Compiled with Lazarus 1.2.0
- [W7+] Added localization for cascaded system's context menu entries
- [Windows, installable] Options > Settings > Reset now also asks if the user wants to reset system integration
- Bookmarks can now be sorted by name
- File browser (details mode) shows icons for special paths
- Find duplicate files and checksum/hash automatically switches browser to list mode to display results
- Multi threading option is remembered
- Navigation bar "+" button switches between navigation view and tree view
- Improved treeview sidebar, showing icons for folders, disks and special paths
- Function list moved to popup menu from button on the left of status bar
- New multi-functional popup menu on the left of address bar, toggle between bookmarks, filesystem and history
- Session history available as status bar view
- Updated "Seven" theme
- Various minor fixes and enhancements
Extraction and Archiving
- Console field content is now automatically valorized when Console tab is accessed
- Enumerate folder content option is now set as a switch in archive creation screen
- Improved inclusion filters for archive creation
- "Include only" apply inclusion filter to input directories (files individually added are always archived)
- "Include also" allows to freely specify extra items/filters to be archived (works as inclusion filter worked in previous versions)
- inclusion and exclusion lists accepts drag and drop of items from system
- New Info mode for synthetic information about archive, old Info mode remapped to "List (with details)"
- New Compression profiles list, automating settings for most common compression task (i.e. best compression, fast compression, protect with password, self extracting, keep output under specified size...)
- the list is available in favourite formats dropdown menu, in Add button context menu (browser) and from arrow button on the left of OK (compression screen)
- New task progress bar identifies tasks that are paused (yellow) or ended in error (red)
- Recompiled with Qt bindings V2.5, compatible with Qt from 4.5 to 4.8