Connectify can easily act as your primary router or even a repeater for your home router, extending its range and providing Internet access wherever you need it. Connect to your home network, enter the same Wi-Fi name and password, and hit “Start Hotspot.” Devices will automatically connect to the Internet through either your Connectify hotspot or home router depending on proximity.
Before you know it you can finally have Internet access in that impossible back room or basement. In addition, if you run Connectify away from home with these settings, any devices that need to be bound to a specific network (such as Eye-Fi cards or wireless printers) will work flawlessly with no additional configuration no matter where you are! So forget trying to mess around on the command line with ICS, Virtual Wi-Fi, or Hosted Network, just install Connectify and have a real hotspot up and running in seconds.
Software Access Point
Transform your laptop into a real Wi-Fi hotspot, sharing any available Internet connection
Share Internet from other Wi-Fi Networks
Re-broadcast the Wi-Fi network you’re on, as your own secure Connectify Hotspot using your laptop’s Wi-Fi card.
Display Connected Computers/Devices
Know who and what devices are connected to your Connectify Hotspot at all times.
Simple Firewall Controls
Set Internet and local network (LAN) access permissions for each connected device.
- Set your desired Hotspot name and password. PRO users can name their hotspot anything they want while Free users must start with “Connectify-”
- Select which Internet connection you’d like to share. Share your the Internet connection from your Cable or DSL modem, a 3G or 4G modem, even another Wi-Fi network
- Click Start Hotspot, thats it!
Other Wi-Fi devices such as laptops and smartphones will be able to see and connect to your hotspot just like any other access point.
- Correctly read the MTU of connections with dynamic MTU values, such as Speedify
- Fix compatibility with some VPN products - The ability of client devices to access the Hotspot host computer by using any of the host’s IPs has been turned off by default. It may be re-enabled by selecting Settings - Advanced - Access Host via Any IP. This fixes compatibility with Switchboard Personal Server.
- Further stability and reporting improvements
- Fix compatibility with Speedify!
- Fix 9crash bugs in the native networking code
- Fix some log generation failures when file system permissions are broken
- Clients can now access the Hotspot host computer by using any of the host’s IPs
- Fix for clients accessing upstream networks of the Hotspot host computer when a router isn't present, or the router doesn't forward traffic properly
- Hotspot now uses packaged Open Sans fonts. This gives the software a more modern look and should fix crashes on the computers that cannot display Arial.
- Fix credits/settings/license files occasionally getting corrupted
- Stability improvements