Microsoft Office 2010 Trial
Microsoft Office 2010 offers flexible and powerful new ways to deliver your best work—at the office, at home, or at school.
Create standout reports and presentations with tools that help you capture your ideas more creatively. Stay connected to your projects, even when you’re away from your computer, with access to Office files via Web browser or Windows phone.1 Work efficiently with others by sharing, editing, and reviewing files at the same time—even across geographies and time zones.
With Office 2010, you’re in control, getting things done and producing amazing results however and wherever you work best. Express your ideas and create visual impact
With improved picture and media editing features, it’s easy to add creativity to your work and make your ideas stand out. Whether you’re delivering a presentation to your colleagues or classmates, creating a company brochure or a personal invitation, Office 2010 empowers you to be your own graphic designer.
- Edit your pictures right within select Office 2010 programs. Try an array of eye-catching artistic effects and new background removal tool to add polish to your images.
- Add flair to your text with new OpenType typography in Word 2010 and Publisher 2010. Use ligatures, stylistic sets, and other typography features available in many OpenType fonts.
- Easily edit your embedded videos right in PowerPoint 2010, with no additional software needed. Trim, add fades and effects, or even include bookmarks in your video to trigger animations.
Boost your productivity with easy-to-use tools
Enhancements in Office 2010 help you accomplish your work more intuitively, so you can focus on the task at hand and produce better results.
- Office 2010 simplifies how you find and use features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage™ view replaces the traditional File menu to give you centralized and easy access to operations such as save, share, print, and publish. With the improved Ribbon, you can access more commands quickly and customize it to fit your work style.
- Use the new Paste with Live Preview feature, available in many Office 2010 applications, to preview your Paste Options before you paste.
Office 2010: Live Preview of Paste
- Store, organize, and track information in one place to stay connected to all of your thoughts and ideas with OneNote 2010. Enhanced navigation, search tools, new page versions, and wiki linking help you find and track your resources quickly. You can even take notes while working in Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, or Internet Explorer, and link those notes automatically back to the source content.
- Find what you need faster with the improved Navigation Pane in Word 2010. Quickly browse by headings or use the integrated Find tools to instantly search your document with all of your results highlighted.
Office 2010: Navigation Pane
Bring new insights to your information and make better decisions. From business financials to household budgets, Office 2010 makes it easier to manage and analyze your data and present it in meaningful ways.
- Turn complexity into clarity with new visualization tools in Excel 2010. Add a visual summary of your analysis alongside your values with tiny charts called Sparklines. Use a Slicer to dynamically filter data in a PivotTable or PivotChart and display only the relevant details.
Office 2010: Sparklines and Slicers
- Design your own database faster than before in Access 2010, even if you’re not a database expert. With new features such as Application Parts, you can add prebuilt components to your database in just a few clicks. Use Access 2010 to design Navigation Forms for your frequently used forms and reports using drag-and-drop functionality.
Break down location and communication barriers
Office 2010 offers innovative and flexible ways to bring people together. New technologies and improved features help you easily share your files and keep up with your communications.
- With new co-authoring capabilities in Office 2010, you can edit your files simultaneously with people in different locations. Co-authoring is available in Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, OneNote 2010, Excel Web App, and OneNote Web App.2
Office 2010: Co-authoring
- The new Broadcast Slide Show feature in PowerPoint 2010 lets you instantly broadcast your live presentation over the Web. Your remote audience can view your presentation in high fidelity, even if they don’t have PowerPoint installed.
- Reduce information overload and manage your e-mail more efficiently in Outlook 2010. The improved Conversation View and new conversation management tools enable you to clean up redundant messages or ignore an e-mail discussion. The Ignore feature moves current and all future messages to your Deleted Items folder. With the new Quick Steps, you can perform multi-step tasks, such as reply and delete, all within a single click.
Office 2010: Conversation View
- With Office Communicator integrated throughout several Office 2010 programs, you can determine the availability of your colleagues, such as when co-authoring a document in Word or viewing your e-mails in Outlook. Initiate conversations directly from your application including instant messaging and even voice calls. 3
Get the information you need when, where, and how you want
Office 2010 makes it easy for you to stay productive on the go by providing access to your Office documents and notes from anywhere through the Web browser, computer, or smartphone.
- Office Web Apps are online companions to your Microsoft Office 2010 applications. Post your files to a SharePoint site or your Windows Live SkyDrive folder, then access and edit them from virtually any computer with an Internet connection. 4
Get the information you need when, where, and how you want
- Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 brings powerful and familiar Microsoft Office 2010 tools you rely on to your Windows phone.5 Experience a rich interface specifically suited to your mobile device’s screen and easily take action when you’re on the go.
Office 2010: Mobile
- SharePoint Workspace 2010, formerly known as Microsoft Office Groove, expands the boundaries of your SharePoint 2010 content. Easily update on your documents and lists offline. When you’re back online your revisions will synchronize to the server automatically.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.