Crysis 2 Patch 1.9, DX11 and HD Texture Pack
This patch fixes a number of gameplay issues and bugs based on player feedback.
Enhance your copy of Crysis 2 with the DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade. A three-part release, the Ultra Upgrade introduces tessellation to Crytek’s first-person shooter and upgrades a whole host of graphical effects.
If your copy of Crysis 2 works through EA Download, EA Origin, Steam, or another digital distribution service with uniquely protected game executables do not download the file labelled Patch 1.9 as your copy will have to receive the patch through their services. You are free to download the DirectX 11 update and high resolution packs, however, as they work with all versions of the game – just ensure you’re patched to version 1.9 before installing them.
This pack has three files: the Patch 1.9, DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade and High Resolution Texture Pack.
Below are the patch notes for Patch 1.9, this is also the patch that will enable DX11 Support (available via a separate download).
- Added Contact Shadows
- Added DX11 support for Crysis 2 (the following features only work when
downloading the optional DX11 package here):
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Added Realtime Local Reflections
- Added support for Higher Res Textures Package
- Added various new console variables to whitelist
- Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren't always saved at the end of a game
- Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
- Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
- Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window's containing broken glass
- Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
- Improved advanced graphics options menu
- Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
- Improved multi-GPU support
- Improved Tone Mapping
- Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)
DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade
The DX11 Ultra Upgrade is a free visual improvement add-on introducing DirectX 11 support as well as a wealth of graphical improvements and performance optimization for both DX11 and DX9 API's.
When using the new “Ultra” spec, DX9 platforms will benefit from real-time local reflections and contact shadows. The owners of DX11 platforms, in addition, will be able to enjoy hardware tessellation (requires the installation of the “DX11 Ultra Upgrade”), parallax occlusion mapping and several improvements for shadows, water, particles, depth of field and motion blur.
High Resolution Texture Pack
This package provides higher texture resolution for a wide variety of assets. It supports both the DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 versions of Crysis 2. A 64-bit operating system and a graphics card with at least 768 MB of memory are required.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.