- Load and Save ODF documents in flat XML to make external XSLT processing easier
- Make license information accessible via the Help menu
- Made on-line Help available on-line, via the WikiHelp
- Added "Experimental" mode, to allow users to test out as-yet-unfinished features
- Bundled Linux "Libertine G" and Linux "Biolinum G" fonts
- Added the LibreColors to the palette
- Implement import of alpha channel for RGBA .tiffs
- Show all appropiate formats by default on "Save As"
- Use radio buttons widgets to clarify complex menu option intentions
- Add option to enable saving of documents with non-visible changes
- Added Quickstarter for Unix builds (enabled only in distro builds)
- Fix synthetic small caps resizing factor to improve look and interoperability
The latest "fresh" version of LibreOffice, recommended for technology enthusiasts, which contains new features and program enhancements. This version may contain a few annoying bugs which will be fixed in the next bugfix versions to come. Detailed release notes can be accessed from the link below.
Apps similar to LibreOffice Productivity Suite 8
Kingsoft Office Suite Free is a completely free office productivity suite, which includes three programs that reflect the different purposes and tasks required in any working/personal environment.
OpenOffice.org is an open-source, multi-platform and multi-lingual office suite that resembles MS Office functionality.
Office Starter is not trial software — you can continue to use it as long as you need. It just has limited funcionality.