Soulseek 157 Test 12c
Unique ad-free, spyware free, and just plain free file sharing application.
Soulseek(tm) is a unique ad-free, spyware free, and just plain free file sharing application.
One of the things that makes SoulSeek(tm) unique is our community and community-related features. Based on peer-to-peer technology, virtual rooms allow you to meet people with the same interests, share information, and chat freely using real-time messages in public or private.
SoulSeek(tm), with its built-in people matching system, is a great way to make new friends and expand your mind!
We rely on our users to support us. If you find Soulseek(tm) useful, please consider helping us out by making a donation using the paypal button below.
* private and room chat logging. to open the chat log text file of a room, right-click the room window and select "Open Chat log". the same can be done for a user's chat log from their user context menu. chat log files are stored in the soulseek installation folder in the room_chat_logs and private_chat_logs folder. to turn off chat logging, go to general options.
* separate graphics for the different tray alerts (private chat/room activity/wishlist results).
* private room operators can now be assigned by the room owner. room operators can add and remove room members. option of making a user a room operator is available in their context menu if they are already room members.
* client configuration data is now saved to registry instead of file to hopefully eliminate configuration data loss in the future.
* fixed a crash bug in the p2p module. the crash is not triggered by any specific action.
* eliminated slowdown and possible crash when indexing large numbers of shared files.
* when new port is generated (usually when the client is first installed), the client offers to take you to a webpage that checks to see if your port is accessible.
* client warns you if you're running low on diskspace, triggered if a download is initiated, either manually or automatically, and you have less than 50 megabytes left on your download drive.
* message all buddy list users option added to buddy list context menu. no risk of server ban (see next item).
* message all downloading users is now implemented in a way that won't trigger a server ban.
* added 10 second timeout between peer connect retries to avoid repeated connection failures.
* search history list no longer shows duplicate searches.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.