CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
It seems like every week there's a new Web browser or anti-virus program. No need to worry we keep on top of them so we can update CCleaner to ensure your computer's safety, privacy and speed.
We are pleased to announce the release of CCleaner for Mac v1.08! This release adds OS X Yosemite Developer preview compatibility and improved Google Chrome and Cookie cleaning. We've also included one of our most requested features: silent background updates for the Pro version!
- Added OS X (10.10) Yosemite Developer preview compatibility
- Improved Google Chrome cleaning
- Improved Cookie detection and cleaning
- Added Automatic Update checking
- Added Silent Background updates (Professional only)
- Added Opera 15 and newer cleaning
- Updated exception handling and reporting architecture
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes