CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
It seems like every week there's a new Web browser or anti-virus program. No need to worry we keep on top of them so we can update CCleaner to ensure your computer's safety, privacy and speed.
CCleaner for Mac v1.09 is here. In this release we've added Safari 8 cleaning and improved OS X (10.10) Yosemite compatibility, as well as improving Startup Item Management.
We've also introduced system and browser monitoring for our Professional users. CCleaner can now monitor your system in the background and detect when to Clean based on space that can be saved!
- Improved OS X (10.10) Yosemite compatibility
- Added Safari 8 cleaning
- Improved Startup Item Management
- Improved Cookie Manager
- New System and Browser monitoring (Professional only)
- Added Social Media links
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes