CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. For advanced users, CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references.
Alternatively you can download the standard version of this software (with an installer).
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application * * Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete – freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you’re a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
- Edge: Session clean no longer removes set-aside tabs
- Firefox: Fixed an issue where some favicons were still being cleaned
Default Cleaning Rules
We are changing our default cleaning rules so that your recently used files and saved browser sessions aren't wiped without your explicit consent. These changes will take effect automatically for fresh installations of CCleaner, but we won't overwrite any of your existing preferences. To use the new default settings, go to the 'Cleaner' menu, right click on the 'Windows' and 'Applications' tabs and select 'Restore default state'.
- Windows Explorer: Most Recently Used documents and other MRU files no longer cleaned by default
- Windows Defender: Scan history no longer cleaned by default
- Microsoft Office: MRUs no longer cleaned by default
- Edge, Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Thunderbird: Current session data no longer cleaned by default
Following the security incident in September we have taken steps to improve our security across the board. Within CCleaner, this means the addition of an 'Emergency Updater' security feature that allows us to force a software update in a worse-case scenario. We have ring-fenced the updater in its own executable to allow it to operate independently from the main executable. The update check runs as a scheduled task in Windows.
Emergency Updater checks regularly to see if an emergency security update is available. If one is, it applies the update immediately. Checks only transmit 1-2 KB of data and generally an emergency update will consist of a differential patch roughly 500 KB in size.
- Added new executable: "CCUpdate.exe"
- Added new Windows Scheduled Task: "CCleaner Update"