QupZilla is modern web browser based on WebKit core and Qt Framework. WebKit guarantees fast browsing and Qt availability on all major platforms.
QupZilla is using native widgets style on major Linux Desktop Environments. It is also using icons from the active desktop icon theme. If you find native themes too boring or have some problems with it, you can always switch to other themes.
QupZilla unifies bookmarks, history and rss reader in one well-arranged window. No more multiple windows, QupZilla uses just one!
With the integrated rss reader, you can stay up to date with your favourite sites. QupZilla can also import bookmarks from other browsers.
Are you bored of websites full of advertisements? Are they eating your bandwidth and time? The only thing you need with QupZilla is to update EasyList or maybe add your own rules and start browsing ad free.
This popular extension is finally available for QupZilla users! You can now access your favourite pages as fast as you want on one page opened in new tab. Needless to say that it fully supports drag&drop and page thumbnail loading.
This version brings a lot of new features, you can read about some of them in my previous posts. Password manager was greatly improved to correctly extract forms from pages and is now also possible to save more users for one site (users can be switched with key icon in location bar).
Very important change is that config directory is now in ~/.config/qupzilla by default. It will, however, use the old ~/.qupzilla if it exists (and ~/.config/qupzilla does not). While it is (and will always be) backwards compatible, I'd recommend you to manually move ~/.qupzilla into ~/.config/qupzilla.
This version is also the first version that is officially supported on Mac OS X, app image will be available later.
I have created new v1.4 branch at git and will try to backport fixes from master branch and release bugfix 1.4.x versions.
- added ctrl/shift + insert shortcuts to copy/paste in webview
- don't try to download empty page
- reverted forcing SSLv3 protocol for secured connections
- duckduckgo.com is now default search engine
- fixed: correct height of icons widget in SiteInfo
- fixed: hide tabbar with only one tab option now works in fullscreen
- fixed: crash with Oxygen theme when closing windows with tabs on top
- fixed: saving IgnoreAllSSLWarnings option from SSLManager
- fixed: crash on saving settings with unavailable theme
- fixed: Accept-Language header now works with all sites
- fixed: using external download manager with use defined location setting
- GreaseMonkey: fixed buttons in script list with RTL layout
- GreaseMonkey: run userscripts in all frames on page
- X11: Set correct WM_CLASS property to windows
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: