Sweet Home 3D 4.3
Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings. While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Added support for the cut out of non-rectangular doors and windows placed in walls.
- Added Zoom in and Zoom out tools in the background image import wizard to help enter image scale with more precision.
- Added vertical and horizontal constraints when shift key is pressed to the scale line displayed in the second step of the background image import wizard.
- Improved the search engine in the furniture catalog to support accentuated letters comparison and multiple criteria (separate criteria by spaces).
- Drawn stair cases at a higher level in the plan when the elevation of its top and the elevation of the level are equal.
- Double checked if images used as a texture and flagged as transparent contains at least a transparent pixel.
- Fixed a bug that displayed incorrectly floor rooms in the 3D view when they partially overlap.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to display some parts of a room ceiling with a complex shape smaller that the upper floor room.
- Fixed a bug that didn't render correctly mirrored windows at the two best quality levels of the photo creation tool.
- Fixed a bug that auto completed wrongly text fields at the initialization of their dialog box.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to create videos in Java Web Start and Online versions run with Java 7u25 or superior.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to export to SVG format under Java 7 / Linux.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the 3D view to be displayed afterwards when it was not visible at file opening under Windows.
- Fixed a bug that didn't place in front the window of big projects when they are reopened.
- Ensured that maximized windows are restored correctly when reopened under Mac OS X.
- Added to the jar files of the Online version the required attributes that avoid some security warnings under latest Java version.
- Added the Merge tool in the Furniture Library Editor and the Textures Library Editor to merge the current library with an other one.
- Added text fields in the Furniture Library Editor to enter the Keywords/Tags associated to a piece of furniture, and to customize the cut out shape of doors and windows.
- Added support for Java Web Start and JAR executable versions run under Mac OS X with Java 7.
- Updated keywords in the default furniture catalog and furniture libraries to simplify the search of similar objects.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements in Sweet Home 3D, the Furniture Library Editor and the Textures Library Editor.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: