Calligra Suite is a set of applications written to help you to accomplish your work.
Calligra Words is an all purpose word processor aimed at academic, business and personal use
You can create informative and attractive documents with a few clicks of your mouse.Objects like pictures or charts can be easily created with a few clicks of the mouse and just as easily moved or changed, while the text just flows around it.
Calligra Stage is a powerful and easy to use presentation application
Calligra Stage comes with some amazing, stylish options for your slide backgrounds. Make your slides using images, videos, animation and more.Making presentations has never been easier! With the plug-in’s available in The Calligra Suite, there are more options than ever to add to your slides.
Calligra Sheets is a fully-featured spreadsheet application
It can be used to quickly create spreadsheets with formulas and charts, to calculate and organise your data in a neat manner.Calligra Sheets comes with options for General, Business, and Home and Family options with pre-set spreadsheets. It also comes with an astounding array of pre-set formulas.
Calligra Flow is used to make diagrams and flowcharts
Use Flow to make network diagrams, organization charts, flowcharts and much more.Flow also comes with numerous stencils that can be used to make anything you want. There are options for Networking, Renewable Energy, Chemistry, Building sites, and many other options to help you make your diagrams.
Kexi is a visual database creator
It can be used for designing database applications, inserting and editing data, performing queries, and processing data. Forms can be created to provide a custom interface to your data.Kexi stores all database objects – tables, queries, forms, reports – in the database, making it easy to share data and design.
Krita is a sketching and painting program
Krita offers an end–to–end solution for creating digital painting files from scratch by masters. Krita supports concept art, creation of comics and textures for rendering.
Create razor-sharp illustrations with vector graphics using Karbon
Karbon supports advanced layered images usable for illustrations, instructions or any other use.
What's New 2.7:
Calligra 2.7 contains a number of new features. Here is an excerpt of the most important ones.
Words, the word processing application, has a new look for the toolbox. In the same toolbox there are also new controls to manipulate shapes with much enhanced usability. Styles are now sorted with the used ones first in the style selector which should make using styles much more convenient. There are also enhancements to the reference controls, especially regarding hyperlinks and bookmarks.
Author, the writer’s application, has new support for EPUB3: mathematical formulas and multimedia contents are now exported to ebooks using the EPUB format. There is also new support for book covers using images.
The new toolbox for Words, Author, Sheets and Stage inside the sidebar. There is a new export filter for common text and enhancements to the docx import filter, which can now support predefined table styles. Note that all of these enhancements to Words and Author are also available in the other application. We note here where they were originally developed.
Sheets, the spreadsheet application, now uses the same new toolbox as Calligra Words.
Plan, the project management application, has improvement in the scheduling of tasks and new export filters to OpenDocument Spreadsheet (ODS) and CSV.
Kexi, the visual database creator, improves CSV data import, in particular now it can import data into an existing table. Passwords do not require modal dialogs and are generally better handled. See the full list of changes.
Shapes: There are some improvements in the general shapes available from most Calligra applications: The formula shape now has new ways to enter formula: a matlab/octave mode and a LaTEX mode. The tool for the text shape is improved to better handle text styles.
Another change common to Words, Author and Stage is an improved visual style editor.
Krita, the 2D paint application, has new grayscale masks, a better freehand path tool with line smoothing, a way to paint shapes with Krita brushes, improved color to alpha filter, an improved crop tool and an improved transform tool that helps the user create textures. Support for new file formats include export to QML and a much improved import/export filter for photoshop PSD files. You can read about the improvements in Krita in more details on krita.org.
What's New in this Version:
- Fix bug 326158: the text color in the modebox tab icons were not drawn accoring to style.
- Make spellchinking work with more dictionaries.
- Fix bug 290999: make sure we erase an old selection in another textshape whenever we make a new selection.
- Fix crash 326243 and 325547.
- Fix a crash while saving embedded documents like charts.
- Fix bug 327995: Make changes to query design reflected in reports after saving
- Fix bug 327993: Make records in reports sorted according to the sorting of the query
- If –driver is missing but connection options specified, display a note and exit
- Fix bug 319432: Fixed crash when using command line “kexi –dbdriver postgresql”
- Fix regression in password dialog.
- Fix untranslatable strings.
- Fix crash on malformed pdf.
- Fix fullscreen in canvas-only mode in Krita.
- Fix bug 321100: do not write the implicitely written “mimetype” entry a 2nd time on saving kra files (and thus avoid assumed bug in KZip)
- Set First Day of Week to Monday if using ISO Week for week numbering
- Fix crash in Plan on loading work packages into gantt view.
- Update mimetypes for the CSV export to make it work.
- Fix bug 298155: Fix a crash when using array values and make array values render correctly when used
- Fix bug 178172 and 181576: fix text to columns.
- Don’t fail loading a file when the comments fail to load.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.