Apache OpenOffice is the result of over twenty years’ software engineering. Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a consistency other products cannot match. A completely open development process means that anyone can report bugs, request new features, or enhance the software. The result: Apache OpenOffice does everything you want your office software to do, the way you want it to.
Easy to use
Apache OpenOffice is easy to learn, and if you’re already using another office software package, you’ll take to OpenOffice straight away. Our world-wide native-language community means that OpenOffice is probably available and supported in your own language. And if you already have files from another office package - OpenOffice will probably read them with no difficulty.
and it’s free
Best of all, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded and used entirely free of any license fees. Like all Apache Software Foundation software, Apache OpenOffice is free to use. Apache OpenOffice is released under the Apache 2.0 License. This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration. You may install it on as many computers as you like. You may make copies and give them away to family, friends, students, employees - anyone you like.
Compatible with other major office suites, Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
Apache OpenOffice is easy to use:
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice - the software reads most file types of major competitors
- Few language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice is free software:
- You may download Apache OpenOffice completely free of any license fees
- Install it on as many PCs as you like
- Use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial…
- Pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
Apache OpenOffice is standards compliant:
- The first software package in the world to use OASIS OpenDocument Format (ISO/IEC 26300) as its native file format.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 is a Security release incorporating other bug fixes and little exhancements. All users of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10 or earlier are strongly advised to upgrade. You can download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 here. Windows 11 users can now also get Apache OpenOffice for selected languages in the Microsoft Store.
Please review these Release Notes to learn what is new in this version, as well as important remarks concerning known issues and their workarounds.
Apache OpenOffice is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated dictionaries
- CVE 2021-30245 - Code execution in Apache OpenOffice via non-http(s) schemes in Hyperlinks
- Highlighted Improvements/Enhancements
- Applications forward non-http(s) hyperlinks to the OS without a warning
- Inconsistent results when incorporating MP3 files in a presentation
- For a complete overview of all resolved issues, please see the list in Bugzilla.
- New and Updated Translations
- There are no new or updated languages.
- No new dictionaries for this release
- Danish (da)
- English (en-GB, en-ZA)
Software similar to OpenOffice for Windows 4
LibreOffice was developed to be a productivity suite that is compatible with other major office suites, and available on a variety of platforms.
Free office productivity suite, which includes three programs that reflect the different purposes and tasks required in any working/personal environment.
All new Microsoft Office 2016 Preview. Includes all new new versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with redesigned Retina-optimized interface.
- Free to Try
More similar downloads