It’s designed to be a visually appealing replacement for Notepad; with significant improvements to performance and aesthetics. Hotshot programmers will also enjoy MetroTextual’s syntax highlighting; which is powered by Scintilla.
MetroTextual is minimalist and lightning fast. It’s not feature-packed; but does have some awesome hidden powers. You can see MetroTextual’s full list of features on this dedicated page.
MetroTextual is incredibly fast; thanks to clever use of multi-threading technology. It’s possibly the only plaintext editor that fully utilized modern CPU’s for manipulating text; while using hardware acceleration to power the GUI. What does that mean in simple terms? MetroTextual can handle massive amounts of text without ever slowing down. Within reason, of course.
MetroTextual can read and edit text using any Windows-supported character encoding system. Unicode is used exclusively throughout the app, plus right-to-left (RTL) encoding is also supported. If it’s text; MetroTextual can open it.
The same powerful translation engine found in System Ninja is fully integrated into MetroTextual. There are still a number of minor issues with non-English operating systems; however the application will still work beautifully.
Always On Top
Perfect for taking notes. MetroTextual can be configured always stay on top of other open windows, even when it doesn’t have focus.
MetroTextual requires Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8. The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (or newer) must be installed before MetroTextual can be used.
MetroTextual is downloaded solely at your own risk. SingularLabs and/or TechSpot cannot be held liable for any damages resulting from the use of this computer program.
The latest version of MetroTextual has been released! Version 1.8 is packed with new features, including editing support for Rich Text, Java, PHP and C++ files. There’s lots of bug fixes too, plus a new Greek translation.
- Added support for Rich Text documents, plus a font styling toolbar
- Redesigned and simplified the settings page
- Added syntax highlighting support for PHP, Java and C++
- Added code folding support to all supported languages
- Added a window transparency option
- ‘Toggle Live Preview’ button added to the context menu for Markdown and HTML documents
- Added Greek translation and updated the Russian translation
- Fixed an audio bug encountered when using the HTML or Markdown Live Preview panel