- SteerMouse does not support the Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and some special features.
Both USB and Bluetooth mice are supported, no matter whether the mouse is designed for Windows or Mac.
System Preferences only lets you assign Mission Control to buttons. In contrast, SteerMouse has a variety of functions:
Input Shortcut Keys
- Enter a shortcut key. You can assign multiple shortcut keys, entered in sequence.
- Move the cursor to a specific location, such as the default button, close button, etc. Allows for a click after moving.
- Scroll vertically or horizontally. You can adjust the scrolling speed.
- Click a mouse button. You can assign modifier keys, lock the click, etc.
- Shows a process window for switching applications.
- Open a file or application. This brings all windows of the application to the front.
- Open Mission Control.
- Problem solved where an error would occur on the MacBook Pro Retina after returning from sleep.
- Problem solved where an error would occur with Razer Bluetooth mice.
- Problem solved where the install would fail on certain user accounts.
- Problem solved where the buttons could not be clicked after the cursor was moved with Automatic Moving.
- Various other bug fixes.