- SteerMouse does not support the Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and some special features.
Both USB and Bluetooth mice are supported, no matter whether the mouse is designed for Windows or Mac.
System Preferences only lets you assign Mission Control to buttons. In contrast, SteerMouse has a variety of functions:
Input Shortcut Keys
- Enter a shortcut key. You can assign multiple shortcut keys, entered in sequence.
- Move the cursor to a specific location, such as the default button, close button, etc. Allows for a click after moving.
- Scroll vertically or horizontally. You can adjust the scrolling speed.
- Click a mouse button. You can assign modifier keys, lock the click, etc.
- Shows a process window for switching applications.
- Open a file or application. This brings all windows of the application to the front.
- Open Mission Control.
- Problem solved where an error would occur after a reboot.
- Problem solved where buttons would stop working if you turn on the Auto Snapping.
- Problem solved where modifier keys of keyboard shortcuts would get stuck.
- Now shows correct direction in the Scroll tab even if scroll direction is natural.