- SteerMouse does not support the Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and some special features.
Both USB and Bluetooth mice are supported, no matter whether the mouse is designed for Windows or Mac.
System Preferences only lets you assign Mission Control to buttons. In contrast, SteerMouse has a variety of functions:
Input Shortcut Keys
- Enter a shortcut key. You can assign multiple shortcut keys, entered in sequence.
- Move the cursor to a specific location, such as the default button, close button, etc. Allows for a click after moving.
- Scroll vertically or horizontally. You can adjust the scrolling speed.
- Click a mouse button. You can assign modifier keys, lock the click, etc.
- Shows a process window for switching applications.
- Open a file or application. This brings all windows of the application to the front.
- Open Mission Control.
- Increased the maximum value of the cursor sensitivity to 1990.
- Problem solved where a device would not be recognized properly.
- Problem solved where the Keyboard Shortcut would not work on some applications.
- Problem solved where some buttons on certain mice would not work.