This Wi-Fi network discovery tool displays every wireless hotspot’s MAC address, encryption, signal strength and channel, and is the standard troubleshooting tool for millions of Wi-Fi users throughout the world.
Measure Wi-Fi Signal Strength
inSSIDer for Home helps you measure the signal strength and estimate the performance of your Wi-Fi in various locations. See how walls, stairways, and doors affect your wireless network coverage.
Pick a Better Channel for Your Wi-Fi
All Wi-Fi must share channels with other networks in the environment. Too many networks sharing or overlapping a channel can slow down the performance of all Wi-Fi networks on that channel. This Wi-Fi scanner helps you see the best channel for your Wi-Fi.
Make Sure Your Wi-Fi is Secure
inSSIDer will help you determine which security setting your Wi-Fi is using, reducing the risk of unauthorized access into your home network.
- Uses your current wireless card and connection software
- Works with Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, and 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Track the strength of received signals in dBm over time
- Sort by MAC address, SSID, Channel, RSSI, and Time
- Windows Shareware updated 4.3.7
- Mac version updated to 4.2.2