Chat with friends in a Live Chat session (available in the latest versions of WeChat for iOS and Android)
- Click "+" in a group chat conversation and select "Live Chat".
- An invitation message will be sent to the group chat's members automatically.
- Hold the button in the middle. Talk after the tone when the indicator light turns green.
- Members in the Live Chat will hear you immediately. Only one person can talk at a time. The indicator light will turn red if you press the button while others are speaking, and you won't be able to talk.
Group Chat QR Code
Invite your friends to a WeChat group chat via QR code (available in the latest versions of WeChat for iOS and Android)
- Open a group chat conversation and click at the top right corner.
- Select "Group Chat QR Code".
- Select "…" at the top right corner. You can share the group chat QR code via email or save it to your device.
- People can scan the QR code with WeChat to join this group chat.
Video Call is available on WeChat versions 4.2 and later, allowing you to talk to your friends face to face.
- In the chat window, press "+" and select "Video Call".
- If your friend has not sent you a message in the past 10 minutes, you need to send them an invite message and get a response in order to call them.
- Select "Video Call" again in the chat window. Your friend will see the following window and can tap Accept to start.
- You can switch between Video and Audio modes during the call.
- Talk faster on the go with voice messages
- Crystal clear voice and video calls
- Instant messaging with group chats and animated smileys
- Chat with your friends or with people nearby
- Sending photos and videos has never been simpler
- Real walkie talkie mode with up to 40 friends
- Always on, no logouts, never miss a message
- Get message alerts instantly with push notifications
- Share, like, and comment on photos with your friends
- Import contacts and add friends instantly
- Available on Android and all other smartphones, all for free
Android version 5.2.1
- Click the top right "+" to quickly snap and send a photo to your friends
- Make free calls to any contact from their profile page
- Chat history search results improved
iPhone version 18.104.22.168
- Real-time location sharing with walkie talkie
- Universal search including chat history search
- Receive a special notification if you're mentioned in a group chat
- Share sticker sets with friends
- Better image browsing in chats
- Calls connect more reliably and video and audio quality is improved
Windows Phone version 22.214.171.124
- Increase your group's capacity to 100 members
- Forward more than one messages at a time
- Press and hold stickers to preview them before downloading
- Show messages not sent in the chat list
- Fun one-on-one and group chats with voice messages, texts, pictures.
- Chat with friends across platforms. - Supports multiple languages,including English, Indonesian, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
- Look around to find and chat with people nearby.
- Moments - post pictures and comments and share them with your friends
- Follow your favorite official accounts.
- Enhance your chats with a huge selection of stickers.
- Invite friends from phone contacts to WeChat.
- Incredibly easy friend adding by shaking your phones together and scanning QR codes. (Only available on BlackBerry OS5/OS6/OS7)
- Integrated with BlackBerry Hub. (Only available on BlackBerry 10)