FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detection
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
- Updated translations
- Fix handling of remote paths containing double-quotes
- Fix crash when opening local directories in Explorer if the name contained characters not representable in the locale's narrow-width character set.
- Fix a memory leak in the host key verification dialog for SFTP
- Fix drag-scrolling in file lists with very low height
- Don't attempt writing XML files upon loading them
- Improve handling of legacy DDE file associations
- Fix handling of HTTPS in the auto updater in case a mirror redirects to HTTPS
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: