- supports oodles of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF as well as image sequences
- no import required - native editing
- frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- screen capture (Linux only) including background capture to capture a Shotcut session
- webcam capture (Linux only)
- audio capture (Linux only; PulseAudio, JACK, or ALSA)
- network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- JACK transport sync
- detailed media properties panel
- recent files panel
- drag-n-drop files from file manager
- save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- audio signal level meter
- volume control
- scrubbing and transport control
- flexible UI through dock-able panels
- encode/transcode to a variety of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK, PulseAudio, IP streams, X11 screen
- stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source
- batch encoding with job control
- create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML playlists
- unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- connect to Melted servers over MVCP TCP protocol
- control the transport playback of Melted units
- edit Melted playlists including suport for undo/redo
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing
- multi-core parallel image processing when not using GPU (and frame-dropping is disabled)
- video filters: Blur, Color Grading, Crop, Glow, Mirror, Saturation, Sharpen
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- translated to Spanish, French, Czech, and German
- Now the Stabilize video filter really does work on Windows.
- Added a Gamma menu item to the Settings menu when in GPU mode, which performs gamma correction. Previously, the display gamma was fixed at sRGB, but now you can choose Rec. 709. Previously, when applying a GPU filter, Shotcut would output sRGB gamma when encoding to a Y'CbCr file, and that has been removed/fixed.
- Transfer characteristic (gamma) metadata is now written to video files that support it (e.g., H.264).
- The filter UI layout is now automatically adapts to a horizontal or vertical layout to suit more workspace layouts.
- Upgraded FFmpeg to version 2.3.
Apps similar to Shotcut 4
Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks.
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 sets new standards for digital filmmaking, offering a format-independent plug-and edit solution that provides the tightest integration with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
Import and freely combine any type of video media, from video shot on a phone to raw 5K, and then edit natively without wasting time transcoding. The ultimate toolset for video professionals, Adobe Premiere Pro is a powerful, customizable, nonlinear editor that lets you edit video precisely the way you want.