SyncFolders helps you to synchronize the contents of two folders, including any subfolders.
The folders may be on different disk drives, on the network, or storage devices attached to the USB port, including external hard disk drives, flash drives, and any other type of USB storage device. The program allows you to easily copy new and updated files and folders in either or both directions. SyncFolders is a very useful tool for backup and synchronization purposes.
SyncFolders runs on all Windows versions from Windows XP and higher and you are free to use SyncFolders for any purpose. SyncFolders has a clean installer and does not contain any spyware and will not install unwanted programs.
- Supports two-way synchronization of files and folders.
- Can easily be used as backup tool.
- Shows a preview before the actual synchronization takes place. You can override actions if desired.
- Detects conflicts or file collisions when a file has changed in both locations since the last sync operation. Therefore, SyncFolders tracks file modifications and deletions in a local database.
- Propagates deletions and detects file renames.
- Default actions can be defined in case of synchronization conflicts.
- Integrates with Windows' Task Scheduler to support scheduled synchronizations.
- Supports file and folder filters.
- Can handle long file names and files of any size.
- Supports multiple synchronization rules in a single rules file.
- Deleted or overwritten files can be moved to the recycle bin or to a time-stamped history folder.
- History files can be deleted after a user-defined period.
- Unlimited number of files.
- Can ignore one-hour timestamp differences caused by DST switch for synchronization to FAT file systems.
- Unrestricted freeware.
- No spyware, adware or malware.
- New: Multiple file name filters can also be separated by a comma or semicolon.
- Fixed: Multiple file name filters are exclusive.
- Fixed: some dialogs do not properly resize if font of PC changes.
- Some minor fixes.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: