KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal to extend and improve it with new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform and modern open-source password manager.
- The complete database is always encrypted with the industry-standard AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. Your wallet works offline and requires no Internet connection.
- KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, the cross-platform port of KeePass for Windows. Every feature works cross-platform and was thoroughly tested on multiple systems to provide users with the same look and feel on every supported operating system. This includes the beloved Auto-Type feature.
- The full source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- We see open source as a vital prerequisite for any security-critical software product. For that reason, KeePassXC is and always will be free as in freedom (and in beer). Contributions by everyone are welcome!
- Secure storage of passwords and other private data with AES, Twofish or ChaCha20 encryption
- Cross-platform, runs on Linux, Windows and macOS without modifications
- File format compatibility with KeePass2, KeePassX, MacPass, KeeWeb and many others (KDBX 3.1 and 4.0)
- SSH Agent integration
- Auto-Type on all supported platforms for automagically filling in login forms
- Key file and YubiKey challenge-response support for additional security
- TOTP generation (including Steam Guard)
- CSV import from other password managers (e.g., LastPass)
- Command line interface
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Custom icons for database entries and download of website favicons
- Database merge functionality
- Automatic reload when the database was changed externally
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser for Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Show when tags are changed in entry history [#7638]
- Improve tags editing and allow spaces in tags [#7708]
- Improve layout of entry preview panel [#7767]
- Incorporate patches to support Flatpak distribution [#7728]
- Add expiration presets for 12 and 24 hours [#7738]
- Fix crash when building history change list [#7638]
- Fix hiding password on database unlock [#7725]
- Fix AES KDF slow transform speed [#7755]
- Auto-Type: Correct timing issue on macOS and Linux that prevented typing [#7588]
- Auto-Type: Fix use of Ctrl/Alt/Shift/Win modifiers on Windows [#7629]
- Auto-Type: Reduce/eliminate delay when searching for entries [#7598]
- Auto-Type: Map ASCII dead keys on Linux for international keyboards [#7614]
- CLI: Fix detection of hardware keys (YubiKey) [#7593]
- CLI: Add missing parameter -c to add/edit entries command [#7594]
- Secret Service: Fix crash when multiple prompts are shown [#7786]
- SSH Agent: Fix default agent selection on Windows [#7764]
- Fix database unlock dialog not being the top window on Linux [#7771]
- Fix drag/drop entries between tabs on Wayland [#7628]
- Fix compiling with minizip-ng [#7638]
KeePassXC is featured in...
Software similar to KeePassXC 4
KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager.
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
RoboForm is a free password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence.
More similar downloads