KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, a native cross-platform port of KeePass Password Safe, with the goal to extend and improve it with new features and bugfixes to provide a feature-rich, fully cross-platform and modern open-source password manager.
- The complete database is always encrypted with the industry-standard AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. Your wallet works offline and requires no Internet connection.
- KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, the cross-platform port of KeePass for Windows. Every feature works cross-platform and was thoroughly tested on multiple systems to provide users with the same look and feel on every supported operating system. This includes the beloved Auto-Type feature.
- The full source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- We see open source as a vital prerequisite for any security-critical software product. For that reason, KeePassXC is and always will be free as in freedom (and in beer). Contributions by everyone are welcome!
- Secure storage of passwords and other private data with AES, Twofish or ChaCha20 encryption
- Cross-platform, runs on Linux, Windows and macOS without modifications
- File format compatibility with KeePass2, KeePassX, MacPass, KeeWeb and many others (KDBX 3.1 and 4.0)
- SSH Agent integration
- Auto-Type on all supported platforms for automagically filling in login forms
- Key file and YubiKey challenge-response support for additional security
- TOTP generation (including Steam Guard)
- CSV import from other password managers (e.g., LastPass)
- Command line interface
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Custom icons for database entries and download of website favicons
- Database merge functionality
- Automatic reload when the database was changed externally
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser for Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Support Argon2id KDF #5778
- Support XMLv2 key files #5798
- Improve CSV Import/Export, include time fields and TOTP #5346
- Support empty area dragging of the application window #5860
- Display default Auto-Type sequence in preview pane #5654
- Remove strict length limit on generated passwords #5748
- Hide key file path by default when unlocking database #5779
- Document browser extension use with Edge in managed mode #5692
- Windows: Prevent clipboard history and cloud sync #5853
- macOS: Update the application icon to Big Sur styling #5851
- Re-select previously selected entry on database unlock #5559
- Properly save special character choice in password generator #5610
- Fix crash in browser integration with multiple similar entries #5653
- Remove offset on username field in classic theme #5788
- Ensure entry history is copied when drag/dropping entries and groups #5817
- Close modal dialogs when database is locked #5820
- Prevent crash when KeeShare modifies an entry that is currently being edited #5827
- Improve preview of entry attributes #5834
- Always activate/focus database open dialog preventing mistype #5878
- Reports: fix calculation of average password length #5862
- Linux: Delay startup on login to correct tray icon issues #5724
Software similar to KeePassXC 4
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
RoboForm is a free password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence.
Create strong, unique passwords. Remember them and restore them, all directly in your web browser.
- Free to Try
More similar downloads