TunnelBear is the world’s easiest to use consumer VPN software that securely “tunnels” your internet connection to locations around the world. TunnelBear can be used to protect your privacy, to bypass internet censorship and to experience the internet as people in other countries experience it.
Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
Experience the Internet as if you’re in another country
A TunnelBear can “tunnel” you around censorship and blocked sites to another country of your choosing.
Zap creepy trackers
Block the website trackers (ads, analytics, scripts, social buttons) that track everything you and your family do online.
A TunnelBear is really, really simple
On. Off. On. Off. You get the idea.
Download a free TunnelBear today and enjoy an open and unrestricted Internet.
How does TunnelBear work?
TunnelBear hides your location using a virtual private network, or VPN for short. We’ll try to explain what exactly that is without all the technonerd vocabulary.
When you use the internet, each time you click on a link to open a new page, you send a signal to the website you’re accessing saying something like “hey, show me the page where I can watch that cool new video”. In internet terms, this is called a request.
Each of these requests contains a unique identification number called an “IP address”, which is basically your online mailing address when you’re connected. It’s used to say to the internet “hey, this request came from here, send any pages I request to this address”.
Your address will be unique to the internet connection you’re using so it’s different when you’re at the coffee shop versus at home. However, because this request contains your location, websites are able to find out where you’re located and block you from accessing certain information.
- Mac version updated to 2.4.7
- Fixed a number of connection issues
- Fixed custom DNS settings not being restored after TunnelBear disconnects
- Increased connection reliability on very slow / lossy networks
- Other bug fixes and tiny improvements
- Windows version updated to 2.3.25
- Bug fixes
- Our Bears speak french now: “Je m’appelle TunnelOurs!”
- Connection tweaks for slower tunnels
- Bug fixes
- UI improvements
- New versions for Android and iOS
- Ability to tap a tunnel to connect to another country
- Turn VPN on/off with a single click
- Auto-reconnect your connection after hibernation
- 232% more cute cartoon bears
- Android version v109
- iOS version
- Fixed: "remaining data" gage was always showing "1MB", regardless of how much data you had left. We're beary, beary sorry about this!