TunnelBear is the world’s easiest to use consumer VPN software that securely “tunnels” your internet connection to locations around the world. TunnelBear can be used to protect your privacy, to bypass internet censorship and to experience the internet as people in other countries experience it.
Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
Experience the Internet as if you’re in another country
A TunnelBear can “tunnel” you around censorship and blocked sites to another country of your choosing.
Zap creepy trackers
Block the website trackers (ads, analytics, scripts, social buttons) that track everything you and your family do online.
A TunnelBear is really, really simple
On. Off. On. Off. You get the idea.
Download a free TunnelBear today and enjoy an open and unrestricted Internet.
How does TunnelBear work?
TunnelBear hides your location using a virtual private network, or VPN for short. We’ll try to explain what exactly that is without all the technonerd vocabulary.
When you use the internet, each time you click on a link to open a new page, you send a signal to the website you’re accessing saying something like “hey, show me the page where I can watch that cool new video”. In internet terms, this is called a request.
Each of these requests contains a unique identification number called an “IP address”, which is basically your online mailing address when you’re connected. It’s used to say to the internet “hey, this request came from here, send any pages I request to this address”.
Your address will be unique to the internet connection you’re using so it’s different when you’re at the coffee shop versus at home. However, because this request contains your location, websites are able to find out where you’re located and block you from accessing certain information.
- Windows version updated to 18.104.22.168
- Mac version updated to 3.0.1
- Improvements in version 3.0
- Redesigned and reengineering from the paws up, we proudly present the new TunnelBear for Windows app
- We've improved nearly every aspect of your TunnelBear, including a beautiful new design, stronger security features and faster connection times
- We've shed the retro wood from our original app and redesigned a simple, beautiful new app that feels more at home on Windows
- Trusted networks feature automatically connects to any network not in your trusted list. E.g. You can list your home Wi-Fi as trusted and have TunnelBear automatically connect the next time you're on a public Wi-Fi that might be less safe
- Be alerted on unsecure networks that use WEP, or no admin passwords
- Improved "Vigilant" mode will block all unsecured data while you connect and reconnect
- Connect and reconnect up to 60% faster than our old app
- Much, much more
- 3853% more Bears
- New versions for Android and iOS
- Ability to tap a tunnel to connect to another country
- Turn VPN on/off with a single click
- Auto-reconnect your connection after hibernation
- 232% more cute cartoon bears
- iOS version
- Fixed: "remaining data" gage was always showing "1MB", regardless of how much data you had left. We're beary, beary sorry about this!
Apps similar to TunnelBear 5
OpenVPN is an open source VPN daemon.
Join now one of the world's most trusted and secure VPNs. For free.
Free proxy-based tool for internet privacy and security that allows you to bypass firewalls and protect your identity online. Access websites blocked by the government.