Tweaking.com - Envelope Printer is a program I made for myself by decided to put it on Tweaking.com for free and available for everyone.
Each month when I have to pay bills I hate having to write out the envelopes (I am not lazy, my hand actually hurts when I handwrite). So I wanted to be able to print them out as I need them and have the addresses I choose. While I could have custom ordered envelopes I decided why not just print out my own and save money from having to order custom ones?
So I made Tweaking.com - Envelope Printer. Not only will it save and store all the addresses you want but it can even print out a picture along side your return address for a added personal touch to the envelopes. In this case my company logo.
So now when I pay bills and need an envelope I put an envelope in my printer, then open the program, load the address and hit print.
While I could have used MS Office Word and other 3rd party programs to print out envelopes, I wanted something that was far easier to use and that required a heck of a lot less mouse clicks to get the job done. The program remembers your settings, so once all ready to go you can open the program, open the address book, choose the address hit use this address and the click print. 4 mouse clicks and you are done :-)
- New feature added. You can now set a position offset to the delivery address, allowing you to tweak where the delivery address will be printed.
- New feature added. With the new delivery address position offset settings the Print Preview has been updated to allow you to show a pixel grid, which when enabled will allow you to double click where you would like to position the delivery address with ease.
- New feature added. You can now set a extra text field and position it in 1 of 6 possible positions. The extra text field can be any text you like, with its own font and size. Examples of this feature are to print out "Do Not Bend" and other things you may need to have on the envelope. This also has a offset option like the delivery address so you can tweak the position of the extra text as well.
- New feature added. You can now set the font colors for the Return Address, Delivery Address and the Extra Text field. If using a black and white printer this will have no effect as the printer will print the text in black. But if you have a color printer you can now set the color.
- Multiple interface changes and updates.
- Multiple bug fixes.