Skype Beta 18.104.22.1683
Free internet telephony that just works.
This beta version comes with a free trial of group video calling. Video call up to four of your friends – all at the same time. Everyone on the call will be able to see and hear each other.
Note: group video calling currently works with Skype 5.0 Beta for Windows only. Everyone on the call needs this version of Skype, otherwise the group video call won't work.
Skype for Windows beta versions give you the chance to try new features and enjoy improvements in call quality before they’re officially released to the public. They’re also an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of Skype and have your say on how it works.
It’s got all the main features:
- Free Skype-to-Skype calls.
- Free video calls.
- Free instant messaging.
- Call phones and mobiles, send SMS.
And the full set of features is coming. Stay tuned for more releases.
- PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- To make video calls you’ll need a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
- For High Quality Video calls you will need a high quality video webcam and software, a dual-core processor computer and a fast broadband connection (384 kbps).
- Skype Access – access WiFi hotspots the easy way with your Skype Credit.
- Call transfer – transfer calls to a Skype contact or a mobile or landline.
- Updated call quality guide with pre-call soundcheck.
- Bug fixes.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.