* Added support for the following GPUs:
o GeForce 9300 GE
o Quadro NVS 420
* Added support for OpenGL 3.0 for GeForce 8 series and newer GPUs.
* Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU to display a green screen when using the overlay-based presentation queue with interlaced modes.
* Fixed a bug that prevented VDPAU from working correctly after X server restarts on some GPUs.
* Improved VDPAU's handling of mode switches; eliminated a crash in its mode switch recovery code and a hang in the blit-based presentation queue.
* Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU to crash when using DisplayPort devices.
* Fixed a potential hang in VDPAU when using the blit-based presentation queue on systems with multiple GPUs not in SLI mode.
* Implemented missing error checking of layer data in VDPAU's VdpVideoMixerRender function.
* Improved VDPAU's handling of setups with multiple GPUs, if a subset of the GPUs cannot be supported due to resource limitations.
* Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the NVIDIA X driver and VDPAU.
* Fix potential hang in VDPAU when the overlay is already in use.
* Improved workstation OpenGL performance.
* Fixed an X driver acceleration bug that resulted in Xid errors on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
* Updated the X driver to consider GPUs it does not recognize supported, allowing it to drive some GPUs it previously ignored.
* Added the ability to run distribution provided pre- and post-installation hooks to 'nvidia-installer'; please see the 'nvidia-installer' manual page for details.
* Updated the X driver's metamode parser to allow mode names with periods (i.e. '.'s).
* Fixed a problem in VDPAU that prevented the overlay-based presentation queue from being used on displays connected by component video.
* Fixed various problems in VDPAU that caused visual corruption when decoding certain MPEG-2 video streams.
* Fixed a crash in VDPAU caused by certain invalid MPEG-2 streams, in 64-bit drivers for some GPUs.
* Fixed an X driver performance problem on integrated GPUs.
* Fixed a stability problem with OpenGL applications using FSAA.
* Fixed an initialization problem that caused some AGP GPUs to be used in PCI compatibility mode.
* Fixed a bug that could result in stability problems after changing clock settings via the Coolbits interface.
* Fixed a problem with hotkey switching on some recent mobile GPUs.
* Worked around a power management regression in and improved compatibility with recent Linux 2.6 kernels.
Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.29-pkg1.run" to install the driver. NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of your X server configuration file. Please see Chapter 3 (http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.29/README/chapter-03.html) of the README or run 'man nvidia-xconfig' for details on usage. Instructions for those wishing to edit their X config file by hand can also be found in the README (http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.29/README/index.html).
If you have any questions or problems, please check the NVIDIA Linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: